fruits and nuts make me nuts

Hi. I'm new. Haven't started yet.  Just read the website today.

I have very low carb tolerance and one piece of fruit (and I mean low sugar ones, too, like berries) make me want to stick my face in a seven layer cake.

Also, nuts make me crazy.  I see that we are able to eat a handful of nuts a day.  Could someone please tell me how that is accomplished?  I eat them by the barrels. 

Needless to say, I am a food addict/binge eater.

Can I do this program and not eat fruits and nuts?

As you poke around the forums, you'll find lots of people who avoid fruit and/or nuts for the kind of reasons you mention.  Lots of folks find them to be "FWB" -- food without brakes.  Good luck with your pursuit of good eating, whether you do a Whole30 or not!

I think it's pretty awesome that you can start your Whole 30 with this knowledge!  I learnt it along the way and in hindsight I think I managed to sabotage myself a fair bit with them.  You get a headstart - yay you :)

Thanks, ya'll.  I feel so normal now.  I've known for a very long time that grains, fruit/sugar, nuts, and processed foods make me literally crazy and I'm not being dramatic which I am prone to be.  They make me depressed and angry not mention fatty... although I've never been over 135lbs and I'm a 5'4" woman.  But weight does not determine sanity or health for that matter.  I'm sure ya'll know that.

But to hear that I could do this without nuts and fruits makes me pretty excited.

I tried Atkins but they want you to eat all their processed crap bars.  Can I say "crap" here?

This sounds like the way for me.

Mostly, I just love it that there's a place where people are being honest here in this forum.

Archived