afternoon Hunger

today is my third day and this afternoon I am so hungry!  today For meal one, 2 eggs, and a bunch of different veggies, cashews and avo, for second meal, Spinach salad, black olives, and sardines.  Maybe I didn't eat enough for my second meal because its 3:30 and I am so hungry...  Is it ok to have a snack?

Yes. Ideally you should eat enough at each meal to last you til the next one but, especially at the beginning that can be a bit trial and error. It's better to have a snack than to be really hungry, just try to make your snack like a mini meal with some protein, fat and veg. You'll soon get the hang of it. good luck

Hope you don't mind a newbie posting!

I'm just finishing Day2, and I've been ravenous several times a day over the past 2 days.  Mornings tend to go okay, but mid afternoon and late evening are the worst for me.

Mid-avo I can cope with by telling myself it's only an hour or so til dinner, but the evenings are bad knowing I have to wait until morning.

Lots of water, Vanilla Chai tea with coconut milk and willpower/stubbornness is getting me through so far... but it's tough going!

Best of luck with yours, just remind yourself why you're doing it and focus on that goal - whatever the reason :)

you should always eat when you're hungry!!!!! even if that means a mini-meal. I would try to eat a bit more per meal, this is an experiment and it's all about finding the balance for you.

I personally eat 4 eggs every morning for breakfast...once and a while just 3 if I'm not that hungry. I eat quite healthy portions. it took me a while to let go and trust, I felt like I was eating too much. but a great example is today - ate breakfast at 9:30, lunch at 3, and small dinner at 8:30. I had no desire to eat between those meals. they were healthy and filling. BUT, if in between your meals you are hungry, eat something! (whole30 compliant of course)

Hi, Spaceboyuk, newbies are more than welcome to post, we were all newbies once :)

The thing is, though, you shouldn't be ravenously hungry on a W30. It's designed to nourish you, not deprive you. To be honest, if you're having to use willpower and stubbornness not to eat, that's not really sustainable longterm, not to mention not very enjoyable either.

Now, you have to distinguish genuine hunger from cravings and habit. The gold standard test is, if you were given a plate of plain fish and broccoli - would you eat it. If the answer's 'in a heartbeat', then you are really hungry so get some good food (following the template) down you. If the answer's 'yeuch, no, I want a plate of chocolate biscuits', then that's where your willpower and stubbornness will really come into their own.

Revisit the meal template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Oh and BTW, I love your attitude of focussing on your goals, that's really important. good luck

Archived