Hashimoto's Hypothyroid

Hi. I have had an underactive thyroid for 12 years now. I developed it after pregnancy and it is classified as an autoimmune disorder. I take medication to correct it (synthroid) and over the 12 years the longest I have been on one dosage, is a week shy a year.

I am on day 25 on my Whole30 and I have noticed that I have definitely lost a lot of bloating. I am just wondering how I will know if I should switch to the autoimmune program. I have been eating a lot of eggs and I also eat a ton of tomatoes.

What is the reasoning to cut those things out?

I have still not hit the "tiger blood" feeling that is supposed to come could this be why?

• Moderators

We generally recommend starting with an ordinary Whole30 unless you know you are sensitive to certain vegetables. Then, if you don't have a good experience, you might try going farther with the autoimmune protocol to see if that helps.

Getting "tiger blood" is highly variable and I do not consider a Whole30 unsuccessful if you don't start feeling wildly energized. The fact that you have lost a lot of bloating suggests you are on the right track.

Archived