6 months post-W30, intestinal troubles with grains

I completed my first W30 in January, purely for health, not trying to lose weight or eliminate any health problems. During reintroduction, I had some mild intestinal discomfort after eating some grains (not necessarily gluten grains) and beans. 

I was happy to not have any terrible reactions to reintro, but I really didn't have a taste for grains or dairy. So I have continued eating pretty much grain free, dairy free since that time, at least when I cook for myself. I have been eating sugar and non-compliant oils as well as a bit of soy (sauce) and almond milk. And if I'm eating out or with others, I am not too restrictive.

However, recently I've been getting a lot of intestinal distress and even diarrhea when I eat grains. Like having corn on my otherwise compliant salad at lunch several days in a row. Or bread and then one serving of oatmeal. These are not even gluten grains for the most part, so I don't think it's gluten. Anyone have any clue what's going on? This is way worse than any reactions I had in re-intro, and I'm wondering why it's taken so long to surface. Or is it just an unfamiliar food - that my gut is not used to grains in general, not necessarily an adverse reaction?

I'd appreciate any insight y'all have. Thanks!

I had a similar reaction this past week after eating a Taco Bell salad at lunch one day (yeah, I know...). The corn and black beans threw me for a huge loop since I don't usually have a problem with beans, although the combination of corn and spices on the steak could've had something to do with it.

I assumed that it had something to do with my body is even less familiar with the item that I haven't been eating lately; therefore, it has an even harder time dealing with it. Just like how vegetarians have a hard time digesting meat for a while. Grains are digested by amylase, so maybe by going grain-free for a while your body produces less of it and you have no way to digest them?

Archived