What are your fav Cook-up day meals?

conniedraws

What is your favorie meal on the night of your weekly cook-up?

I tried a hot plate without the refridgeration and agreed that it would probably taste better later in the week. heh.

Starting my Day 1 on July 1. So I'm meal-planning and all that.

Thanks

Connie

my favorite meals are my easy meals.  I bake/roast a tray of chicken thighs and on the bottom shelf I bake at least 5 sweet potatoes, usually more.  Add another large tray of broccoli and I am set for the week.

not really fancy but its very easy to grab and go.

I prep my work lunch, breakfasts on the weekend-saute' up ground turkey(1 lb) and add either grilled veggies/frozen veggies into 4 containers and freeze for lunch(grab in the am and go). For breakfast, 4 containers of spinach/mushrooms or cauliflower pilaf and then add 3 scrambled eggs in the morning-fast and easy. Then for dinner, I grill up chicken whatevers(breast or thighs) and use in fabulous salads for dinner. I also boil up several eggs/sweet pot in microwave for pre/post workout meals.

Kinda boring but I do spice it up on my days off.

I'm going to give you three: one for each meal.

Breakfast: frittatas or crustless quiche. Especially like the crustless quiche recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods. Bake in a 13x9" pan, so you get lots of servings for several breakfasts.

Lunch: gazpacho. Love the Whole9 Basic Farmers Market Gazpacho: made at least 3 batches throughout my W30. http://whole9life.com/2012/07/summer-soups/

Dinner: Morrocan meatballs. Love that Melissa Joulwan (author of Well Fed): http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/03/05/mmmmm-moroccan-meatballs/ 

• 2 weeks later...

For me, easy is the best and I don't get bored eating the same thing for a few days if it's yummy! One of my favorite things to do is simply mix a whole conglomeration (is that a word??) of protein, veggies, and fat in a huge skillet and eat it for days. (The food, not the skillet.) Start with EVOO, add ground beef, or chicken, or beef strips, or pork, brown it up with sweet onions and garlic... then begin dumping. Last night I threw in a pile of leftover steamed cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli, fresh mushrooms, sweet bell peppers, fresh baby spinach...whatever, but you get the idea. Season with whatever you like. It's whole 30 comfort food at its finest. (Is it ok to have comfort food on the Whole 30?) Maybe it's better to think of it as satisfying, filling, and yummy. Plus, it makes me happy. :-)

Archived