Reintroduction following a Whole100

JamieM

I finished my Whole100 on Thursday June 27 and had some dairy on Friday in the form of the compliant Chipotle carnitas meal with cheese and sour cream. No side effects from that that I noticed although it did have a bitter aftertaste that I don't remember it having when I ate it on plan completely compliant or when I ate at Chiptole prior to my Whole100 and completely non-compliant. Today I had some plain yogurt with fresh fruit and a little raw honey. I also drank a coffee with cream. Stomach isn't feeling as great after that....not intense pain or irritation but it is definitely disgruntled. I was an occasional coffee drinker prior to Whole 30 and didn't have any during the 100 days as it was easy for me to live without it. I would imagine the unpleasantness I am feeling in my stomach is more due to the dairy than the coffee since you can have black coffee on the Whole30. As the Day 31 email suggested I will have a little ice cream tonight. I do find myself wanting meat and veggies and I didn't find the yogurt or coffee particularly satisfying. The email suggested you introduce gluten on Day 4 and I am wondering if I can intro it tomorrow on Day 3 without messing up the reintroduction? I would rather not introduce it on a workday and I have family coming on Wednesday and want to see how I do with it before we venture out to restaurants. Any ideas on that anyone?

Hi!

So sorry about the additional dairy. But good to know about the consequences, right? Interesting about it not being satisfying. I cannot wait to have cream in my coffee. I expect that it will taste yucky - or not as fab as I remember.

Can I tag into this topic with my experiences starting on 7/5?

Hope the gluten goes well.

Hey Almcc,

Yes, it is good to know the consequences. I currently have some chicken brining and will be grilling that and sautéing some veggies to go with it for dinner tonight. I did buy some fresh mozzarella today to make my favorite summer salad with tomatoes and fresh basil. I will see how I do with that tonight. It was very interesting that it wasn't satisfying as I had so expected it to be the best thing I had tasted in a while. So far the dairy has tasted pretty good going down but my stomach has been out of sorts today. If I crave fruits, veggies and proteins after this in lieu of dairy, sugar and grains, I will be FOREVER thankful! Time will tell...Of course you can tag in whenever you want. I am happy to have company! Otherwise, I feel like I am talking to myself! Ha ha!

JamieM

My views:  1.)humans are not made to drink milk from another mammal.  The best would be raw human milk - but we are all too old for that.  2.)the gluten of today isn't the gluten of the 1800s and the way breads are made is so much different we aren't made to use the new gluten.

I had no problems with small amounts of milk, too. it was when I had more than a small amount that my body went wack-o. there seems to be some tie with gluten intolerance and casein intolerance so I'm interested in what you find with gluten. I never added it back in

JamieM - Hope the gluten is going well.  AND that all you are craving is meat, vegetables, and fruit.

4 days left for me. I am already looking to restart August 1.

When does your company arrive?

Opt-out and Jtandi - I start reintros on Friday.  Hoping the cream in my coffee and a a small piece of cheese are ok -- but given what many say -it won't be.  We'll see.  I am trying to prepare for a vacation to Paris.  Will only add Gluten back in if the reintros go ok. Would loooooove to try a french baguette and croissant!!

Happy Eating.

Hello All,

So I have done whole wheat gluten on Sunday and Monday....wow it zapped the energy right out of my body...I mean I literally could have fallen fast asleep after that meal. It didn't cause stomach pains but I can definitely see/feel some bloating and lethargy. That is interesting Jtandi about the casein/gluten interaction. I really wanted to add them back in to see treatment effects with the return to baseline but I was feeling much better before I ate them. I am also noticing an increase in mucous which I know is associated with the dairy. While l do not suffer from seasonal allergies, my nasal passages were very clear on the Whole100 and now they are not stuffy per se but they are not as clear as they were.

I got some good news on the blood work front today. Over the 100 days, my cholesterol dropped 24 points, vitamin D went up 18.7 points, it was low before, and everything else remained the same which was normal before. So that is some good news. I can definitely see the difference in the way I feel after eating the dairy and the gluten. I definitely feel much better on the Whole 30 foods and did I mention that my face is breaking out...ugh! I was so enjoying my beautiful skin from my Whole 100. My company arrives tomorrow Almcc. I am looking forward to it. I hope your last few days are going well!

Cheers,

JamieM.

Well - I had coffee with cream and then tea with cream. Lots if rumbling and possible stomach upset. Not sure cause I have a terrible cold. Will try it again later.

Btw- it wasn't fabulous tasting.

Happy eating!!

Hey Almcc,

Hope you are feeling better. You need to get all of that sickness away before your big trip! So I had lots of noncompliant food while my family was visiting and I am a ball of tiredness today... How are your reintroductions going? Was the sickness onset pre or post reintroductions?

JamieM

Sounds like you had a good time! Sorry about the tiredness.

Gluten has been odd. No immediate reactions except for *****cravings*****!! I'll have to see how it goes tomorrow. I'd like a strong reaction tomorrow.

Back to W30 tomorrow. Happy eating.

Well gluten causes major bloating and cravings. I am thinking I won't reintroduce it. And when I'm on vacation I will have a taste here and there.

Bought a great dark chocolate bar to try in a few days. Will add something else but I'm not sure what.

Right now I'd like to go back to my unbloated self. 😢

I couldn't agree more Almcc! Gluten has caused some serious cravings and major bloat. I also agree that I would like to go back to my unbloated self...I may have more visitors coming August 1st which puts me in a bad position to restart then...I really need to restart now...I might have to push my restart back a bit. I hope you enjoy the chocolate! So far the sweets seem to not be as exciting or necessary anymore but the wheat....that is a different story...it's like the more I eat, the more I want and I am just tired, tired, tired...I think your plan of a taste here and there sounds good. I am ready for a nap! LOL!

JamieM

The wheat is a definitely something I am going to avoid long term. I haven't tried the chocolate yet. Today! After that I'm going to try some combination of sugar and wheat and dairy. Deadly - but I know I'll want to taste stuff on vacation.

What date do you think you will start? I get back 7/29. I'm going to do 90/10 when I get back till I start back up. Still trying to make a plan for vacation.

A

Archived