Shift work

Freylah

Hi, I'm on night shift until Wednesday. When I come off Wednesday I will sleep until lunch and go to bed at normal time so will it be ok to only have 2 meals?

Then on Friday when I go back on shift I will be up and busy for 24hrs straight so would usually need 4 meals. Will this work?

Thanks

As long as you are getting enough food to sustain you and you are not letting yourself get hungry.  Wednesday, would it be possible to eat something a couple hours before you zonk out?  Perhaps bring a HB egg and some raw veggies that you could try to eat then when you get to lunch or what would be time for meal 2, your body won't be depleted.  As far as the four meals for your 24 hr shift, I really don't see a problem as you will need to sustain yourself. 

I am sure some others will chime in with other advice but my biggest concern would be keeping yourself sustained.

Thanks lizzard, I'd imagine 2 meals would be sufficient to keep me sated as its usually how I work it on that day. I was just worried it wasn't true to the whole 30 plan. But what you're saying makes sense, it's about keeping sustained.

Well, I worked night shift the 1st time I did a W30..My recommendation is to pack a variety of mini meals with protein, veggies and fat in addition to your 'regular' meals. That way if you get a little hungry you will have template ready snacks. Hard boiled eggs, veggie slices, home made mayo dip, meatballs..lots of options!

Thanks, yes I usually have 4 meals and a snack on my 24hr days but maybe this early in my whole30 I'll need more than that as I adjust to it.

The mini snacks might be key wheresanita, thank you

Archived