My First Whole30 - Log

AndreaM

Day 15

B: coffee, 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, pico de gallo, bacon, banana

L: sparkling water, wild caught salad shrimp mixed with chunky guacamole. this is good, but definitely missing the tortilla chips :(

D: some crockpot chicken (was kinda tough so I didn't eat much of it), parisienne carrots, green beans, Well Fed's chocolate chili---SO good.

Day 16

B: coffee, larabar

L: apple slices, beef fajita meat, guacamole, pico de gallo

D: chocolate chili. Today has been seriously lacking in vegetables unless you count all the tomatoes and onions.

I think today I got lazy. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Days 18, 19, 20

survived a weekend road trip to Austin. Austin is really a great city for food and they're way more forward-thinking than Houston when it comes to quality. There are sooo many farm-to-table restaurants. I wish there were more places in Houston that supported local agriculture and focused on fresh, quality ingredients.

We ate dinner at the same awesome place two nights in a row--and I ordered the same bunless burger both times. It was delicious -- it came with avocado and charred poblano peppers, and I ordered a fried egg on top. They used good quality beef and cooked it medium and it was so so good!

Another highlight was our picnic at the swimming hole. We stopped at Whole Foods on the way and spent entirely too much money on rotisserie chicken, boiled eggs, veggies, apple slices, and sushi and beer for my husband. The rest of the time I munched on veggies, deviled eggs, and bacon I brought from home. Drank club soda and water at the bars.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived