New, and starting tomorrow!

yogagirl

Hello!

I have been enjoying the new book "It Starts With Food" Something told me to buy it! It's becoming an eye-opener.

I am not new to nutrition. I have in the past gone 30 days wheat free and milk free. It's hard in our modern society of boxed foods.

I have been watching and reading about food, nutrition, etc. (Food Inc, Forks over Knives, King Corn, Etc).

I have also gone 30 days without Soy....and all soy fillers. That was hard too! I was SO amazed as to how many foods have Soy products in them!

I have noticed in my own life that I am more tired, less motivated, and sleep deprived. My job is stressful, I have gained weight, and I just don't feel right.

I have seen an Acupuncturist who recommended that I stay away from Soy, Wheat, and Diary. I was again stressed, since I know how hard this may be. He recommended that I shop at the outskirts of the grocery store...veggies and meats are in those areas. He also recommended that I cut out ALL processed foods, and SUGAR! That's where the fear set in.....I have come to the conclusion that I am addicted to sugar and lots of it! I love my ice cream, chocolates, carrot cake, and the occasional wine.

But these foods (if one can call them "food") are not beneficial to me. They are causing inflammation, and other damaging effects to me.

I have goals....those are not being realized and completed due to my diet.

So here I am! I want to feel better, look better, and have the energy for my job, and for the gym! I feel that it's time!

So giving myself this 30 days is a jumpstart. I have to admit, I am scared, and a little stressed because it's just too easy to just grab something for dinner after a long day at work. But last night I had some pizza, just to see what would happen. Well.....it's clear that I need this 30 days and perhaps a new lifestyle....my sinuses are inflamed, I have a headache this AM, and I slept badly.

SO, I am doing this!! My body and spirit will thank me!! My start date is tomorrow....7/11; shopping and menu planning is today! (I need my plan, and menu for success!)

I'm on day 11 already. It's gone fast...still feeling tired but I've been working an irregular schedule and have not been getting enough rest. The hardest part for me has been giving up alcohol...I was always one to "wind down" with a glass of wine and a piece of dark chocolate, but then I didn't sleep well. And some nights, one glass of wine became a whole bottle of wine....not good. I'm feeling much better without it. And I've discovered I can have fun at a social event without drinking like everyone else! I feel like my life is being changed by doing this Whole30...good luck and let us know how you're doing! Sara

Skiley - I'm with you on the wine stuff (a glass becoming a bottle, not sleeping well...) I'm only on Day 3, and it's been easier than I thought. I've been drinking San Pelligrino with a slice of lime, in an elegant wine glass, and I really don't feel deprived at all! But then again, it's only Day 3, and I haven't had to get through a weekend yet!

I agree with the alcohol stuff. I would have my red wine on my weekends or during social events. Sometimes that glass became more, or the bottle...especially with dinner out with friends!

I quit having wine several days before I started W30. I have been feeling WAY better.

My replacement has been water and lemon or non-caffienated green tea.

I was exactly the same with wine. I stopped completely 2 months ago & although there are tough times, it is much better. It is so socially accepted to drink way too much & life can not only be just as good without it but better. I am not saying I will never drink again but I am beginning to wonder why I did it so much in the past as it is so devitalizing.

I have fizzy water with lime & fresh mint & ice, in a lovely big wine glass. Looks & tastes great.

Am am starting my 30 day journey tomorrow. I have done lots of paleo/low-carb eating in the past but always have little breaks every few days with dark chocolate etc.

Archived