My First Week Menu

Bet

This is my first week on W30. I have special needs AI and no FODMAPS.

I went shopping at Whole Foods this AM and got some great stuff. Here is my menu for the week:

Breakfast - Sweet potato pork fritter. I adapted this recipe for my AI protocol:

http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-and-apple-breakfast-patties/

I used 1lb of ground pork (I didn't want to get the sausage because I am sure it had non AI approved spices in it).

1 large Japanese Sweet potato (I excluded the apple, FODMAP)

I used AI approved spices, oregano, basil some thyme and cinnamon, salt, pepper.

I shredded the sweet potato and mixed it with the pork and spices and made patties. Then I fried them in coconut oil. Let me tell you, nothing can taste better than sweet potato fried in coconut oil! I will warm up one of these each AM for breakfast. I'll add a piece of fruit.

Lunches, I bought a 'naked' rotisserie chicken at WF (thanks to a tip from the forums here). I cut up the white meat into 2 containers. I gave the dark meat to my husband, he loves the dark meat and I love the white meat.

I also bought a butternut squash and I peeled and cubed that and baked with with some homemade chicken stock until it was tender. I let it get a little carmelized. I added that to the chicken. Bam, Lunch for two days.

We had roast lamb last night. I cubed up some of the extra and added the BN Squash and BAM! lunch for another 2 days.

The third lunch was a can of wild caught salmon. I am bringing raw bok choy and some cute little purple carrots I found at WF. I baked them with a little EVOO and sea salt, delish.

I also have some cut up pineapple and melon, I will take one piece in the am, one at lunch and one at dinner. I also made kale chips and will add those to my lunch for some greens. I also have olives (no pimentos!) and fresh raw coconut that I am going to shred for fats.

Dinners - My husband normally makes dinner (I know, I am one lucky girl!) We normally have some type of grilled or roasted meat or fowl and a side dish. Normally a frozen veggie. I bought a bunch of organic frozen veggies at WF, green beans, spinach, etc. I will just have to add a fat (can't have butter...) maybe some EVOO on the veggies.

So how did I do? I'm really excited about the breakfast fritters. Is it bad that they tasted so good I want to eat them all now?

Looks awesome but for one thing. You have alot of sweet potato/squashes which are delicious and great, but I think you need some more veggies. Your breakfast seems small, some veggies will help bulk it up, and your first 4 lunches are only meat and butternut squash. Maybe add some green veggies like asparagus, wilted leafy greens, broccoli, etc.

Otherwise it looks yummy! Good luck!

Hi Vian, I will try to add more greens, but both asparagus and broccoli are FODMAP and I honestly don't do well with any raw greens. I am having green beans and spinach with my dinners. I think I will add some cooked spinach in the AM too.

I'm having some hunger pangs, I usually have a mid-morning snack of a banana. But I'm dealing with it by drinking Iced Calm Tea. 15 more minutes till lunch!!!!

Thanks!

i'd personally be hungry on your meals - and by the sounds of it, you are too! make sure you're having enough fat...and bulk up the vegies!

i'm not 100% sure on low FODMAP foods, but could you make kind of ratatouille using approved vegies to serve with your meat? it would be easy to make a bulk lot of it to freeze. or Frittata with lots of vegies, including your sweet potato/pumpkin, and meat?

I did ok. Two of my lunches needed more protein. I am only 5 feet tall and not that active, so I don't need that much food. As it is, I had to force myself to eat all of the meals and wasn't hungry inbetween. I guess if I worked out more, I'd need more food. I am hopefully getting two squash this week from my garden, so I can add those in.

I have been having baby kale or baby power greens with my breakfast for the last few months.  I don't know if they are on the FODMAP list - I haven't gotten to that yet.   I "stir fry" them up with sweet potato, homemade sausage, and eggs.  When I run out I use spinach.  It's yummy.

I forgot you are not eating eggs.  But I think the greens would be yum with your sweet potato/pork breakfast.

I did try some kale chips, I still didn't like the taste :o  But I do like bok choy, especially fried up with bacon fat YUM!!!!! I did add some cooked spinich to my weekday breakfast. I just nuked two packages of frozen spinich and I have it in the fridge and warm it up with my fritters in the AM. On the weekend, I like to make a fresh breakfast. I even got my husband to eat it too!

Archived