Your go-to recipes

annabel

I'm curious to know what meal (or meals) are frequents in your weekly meal plan, either because it's a super easy, quick recipe or because you always have the ingredients on hand or because everyone in your house loves it?

I tend to have meals appear regularly for a month or two, until they're replaced with a new favourite. 

My current is http://www.thaikitchen.com/Recipes/Salads/Minced-Pork-Salad.aspx, easy to do a pot of rice for my husband (until it moved to breakfasts for me).

Omelettes, salad and chips (sweet potato for me, regular potato for my husband) were the favourite before that.

Well Fed's Chocolate Chili; Katrina Runs Burrito Bowls (recipe calls for ground beef, we've used cubed steak/stew meat... sooo good!). Also if you have Practical Paleo, we frequently use the Chorizo seasoning and the Smoky Spice Blend from her page of seasoning blend recipes. One of my go-to quick foods is Aidell's Chicken & Apple sausage, and I recently also found a compliant flavor of sausage at Trader Joe's that's about $2+ cheaper than Aidell's. A great weekend grilling burger is the chorizo burger... 2 lbs ground beef, 1lb chorizo sausage (or ground pork with chorizo seasoning blend), mixed together, formed into burgers and grilled, topped with a fried egg and homemade guac or sliced avo and grilled/sauteed onions. Who needs a bun when you can have a fried egg on a burger?! :D

@Chris, I find that I can't be bothered with the weekly cook-up and prefer to do extra things on the nights that I'm waiting for something in the oven.

@pjena, I'm just getting back into zoodles again but I've never tried them with meatballs.  yum.

@behany, that chorizo burger sounds lush. It will definitely need to make it into this week's meals.  I miss chicken sausage (they don't even sell chicken mince here), but my local butcher does a nice selection of compliant sausages.

Archived