Whole30 Program Food Log

3dayevent

I just discovered this idea of logging meals!  From day seven, today, until the end of my Whole30, I'll try to post in the food diary.  Seems like an excellent accountability tool.

Day #6:

Pre-workout meal: 1 egg

Post-workout meal: 1 sweet potato and turkey rolls

Breakfast: Omelet with a bunch of veggies.  Almonds on the side.

Lunch:  Huge spinach salad with chicken, roasted peppers, onions, avocado, and salsa.

Snack:  Coffee drink:  1/4 cup of whipped almond milk, 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 cup of coffee.(I'm still trying to wean away from snacking.)

Dinner:  Wild salmon with Cajun seasoning, roasted red pepper, and cauliflower mash.

It was phenomenal!!  I actually purchased the Frozen Wild Alaskan Salmon at Publix.  To the best of my knowledge, everything on the ingredients list abides by Whole30 standards.  It's easy to make and the seasoning is delicious!!

Thanks so much :)

Day seven; one week down!

Pre-WOD:  1 egg.

Post-WOD: 1/2 sweet potato, lemon peppered chicken, and broccoli.

Breakfast:  Nothing. :(

Lunch: Avocado Chicken Salad stuffed peppers.  (This was so good!)  1/2 sweet potato.

Snack: Coffee

Dinner:  Grass-fed hamburgers with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and mushrooms.  Handful of almonds.

Pre-WO: One egg.

Post-WO: Sweet potato and a turkey burger.

Breakfast: 2-egg omelet with ground beef, 2.5 cups of spinach, and onion.

Snack: Coffee drink!

Lunch:  Garden chicken salad (made with homemade Paleo mayo!).  Roasted Brussels sprouts and a small peach on the side.

Dinner: Moe's Southwestern Grill: Salad with lots of veggies, chicken, and guacamole. I hope that guacamole is Whole30 approved!! 

Day #9!!

Pre-WO: 1 Egg.

Post-WO/Breakfast: Egg white omelet with veggies and chicken.  I also had a handful of almonds on the side.

Lunch: Roasted asparagus, onions, and tomato with chicken.  1/2 sweet potato with cinnamon.

Dinner: Spaghetti squash, turkey meatballs, steamed spinach, and homemade garlic marinara.  

After dinner: More almonds. 

Day Eleven!  Today, I felt fantastic and wasn't tired at all, despite a hard WOD and physical activity all day.  :) 

Pre-WO: One egg.

Post-WO/Breakfast: Sweet potato, broccoli, and turkey rolls.

Lunch: Turkey sausage, broccoli, avocado, and salsa.

Drink: Pure coconut water (16 oz.)

Dinner: 2 fried eggs, turkey sausage, and shallots.  1/2 cup of frozen blueberries in unsweetened coconut milk was a delicious ending to the meal! 

Day 12:

Pre-WOD: One egg and one cup of coffee.

Post-WOD/Breakfast:  Turkey and sweet potato.

Lunch: Southwestern salad.  Side of blueberries.

Snack:  (I was strangely hungry this afternoon)  Celery, turkey rolls, and a slice of avocado.

Dinner:  Steak, cauliflower mash, and mushroom stir fry.  Frozen blueberries and almond milk after dinner.

I feel like I ate a LOT today.  I did workout hard at CrossFit this morning, but I didn't think I needed this much. 

Day # 13!

Pre-WO: One egg and avocado slice.

Post-WO: Sweet potato with a turkey roll.  

Breakfast:  2 cups of coffee.  'Salmon Breakfast Scramble'.  (Oh my goodness, this was scrumptious!) http://www.thefoodee.com/recipe/7678/

Lunch:  'South of the Border Kale' and palm-sized piece of steak.  Sliced peach on the side!  Kale recipe: http://www.thefoodee.com/recipe/5752/

Dinner:  Asian Broccoli and Beef (From my new 'It Starts with Food' book!)

My energy levels have felt ideal today!  I did a great WOD at CrossFit, which usually leaves my energy pretty low.  By contrast, my energy levels have been very consistent and I have felt great today.  My mood has also been more positive than usual.  I'm approaching my halfway point into this journey with enthusiasm for what's to come!

Day Fourteen, the almost-halfway point of my Whole30!  I'm strongly considering extending my Whole30 to a Whole45.  Honestly, I feel phenomenal, my workout recovery is easier, my energy levels are tremendously more stable, my body doesn't feel inflamed, and my outlook on life has been far more optimistic and positive.  What's not to love? 

The only real struggle that I'm currently facing is what I believe to be detox.  I've struggled with mild-moderate acne for years and tried lots of prescription antibiotics and harsh chemicals, but nothing has resolved the issue.  I had moderate breakouts before Whole30, but around day seven of Whole30, I noticed a lot of new breakouts, especially around my mouth and chin.  I also noticed a lot of whiteheads and very dry skin.  I've heard that it often gets worse before it gets better, and I'm hoping that is true.  The breakouts are definitely still here, but I feel like they may be less inflamed now.  I'm hoping to complete this program with clearer skin- however long it may take. :)

Day 14:

Pre-WO:  1 egg with avocado slices.

Post-WO: 1 sweet potato and a coffee.

Meal 1: Egg scramble with turkey sausage, onion, and Brussels sprouts.  (I'm definitely doing this one again!)

Meal 2: Egg salad wrapped in hydroponic lettuce leaves.  (I made Paleo mayo and then made the egg salad.  It was so worth the effort!!) 

I made a small coffee in between Meal 2 and 3, but didn't feel the need to finish it.  Win!

Meal 3: Grilled chicken breast with garlic cauliflower mash and green beans.  I also had 1/2 cup of raspberries/blueberries following dinner.

Day FIFTEEN!  

Pre-WO: 2 eggs and a couple avocado slices.

Post-WO: 1/2 sweet potato and coffee.

Breakfast: Egg scramble with turkey sausage, onion, and Brussels sprouts.

Lunch: 1/2 sweet potato and a huge southwestern salad.

Snack: (I went on a strenuous hike, and was starving when I got home.)  1/2 cup of berries and coffee.

Dinner: Homemade chicken salad.  It was literally the best chicken salad that I've ever had.  I'll share that recipe later! ;)

Day #16:

Today was a really neat day, as my performance at CrossFit was phenomenal!  Despite the strenuous nature of hero WODS, I felt fantastic and strong throughout the entire workout. Hooray!

Pre-WO:  2 eggs.

Post-WO: Sweet potato.

Meal 1: Salmon and stir-fry vegetables.

Meal 2: Homemade chicken salad with sautéed Brussels sprouts.

Meal 3:  Sweet Potato Hash.

I also had coffee this morning and another cup this afternoon. :)

It's been five days since my last food log.  Whoops.  My schedule has been packed, leaving little time to spend online.  However, I've kept eating clean, and I've made it through day twenty-one of my Whole30!  I'm loving every minute of this journey. 

Anyway, back to logging meals:

Day 21

Pre-WO: 2 eggs.

Post-WO: One sweet potato and a few deli-meat turkey rolls.

Meal 1: Sweet potato hash with ground turkey, purple onions, a bunch of kale, and coconut oil.    I ate the beginning of my sweet-potato-quiche as I was preparing it for tonight.  ;) I snacked on a few turkey rolls immediately following my meal- was still hungry.

Meal 2:  Sweet Potato Quiche served with a bunch of kale!  I chopped the potatoes and baked them in the oven, sautéed the kale, onion, and ground turkey, added the two together, poured a few whipped eggs over the mix, and placed it in the oven for about 25 minutes.  It was scrumptious!

Lately, I have been drinking a delicious concoction of iced water with a couple strawberry slices and lemon juice.  I've heard that lemon alkalizes the body, and the strawberry flavor is great.  :)

Day Twenty-Two

Pre-WO:  2 eggs.

Post-WO:  1/2 sweet potato and ground turkey meat.

Meal 1: Sweet Potato Quiche.

Meal 2:  1/2 sweet potato with sautéed chicken, bell peppers, and onions.  A small handful of blueberries on the side.

Meal 3: Cajun-seasoned salmon cooked with about 4 cups of spinach, onion, and Brussels sprouts.  1/2 cup of blueberries in 1/2 cup of coconut milk for dessert!

#23!

Meal 1- This was a huge meal.  I ate a TON, but maybe my body needed it.  I started the morning with water, then drank two cups of Primal Egg Coffee.  For breakfast, I made a turkey, kale, sweet potato, onion, egg scramble dish.  It was delicious, and I was hungry.  That is all. 

Meal 2- Still hungry. 3 cups of cooked broccoli and then I made a cucumber turkey sandwich with my homemade Paleo mayo.  What a brilliant idea it was to substitute a halved cucumber for bread! 

More Primal Egg Coffee (as a Pre-WO snack).

Meal 3- Not hungry anymore.  Finally!  Half of a chicken breast and half of a sweet potato.  

Just checking - you skipped the sugar in the Primal Egg Coffee recipe, right?  ;) http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/#axzz2aFLL1qLS

Hahaha! This absolutely made my night.  I love the accountability that this forum facilitates!  Thanks so much, GFChris!!!

Yes, I actually changed the recipe around a bit;  I added two whipped egg yolks, cinnamon, and a touch of coconut oil to my coffee.  It was delicious and abided by Whole30 standards. Yay! ;) 

Day #24: 

Meal 1- Primal Egg Coffee.  One egg and half of an avocado with salsa.

Meal 2- Cucumber boat with turkey, homemade mayo, and mustard.

Snack- Turkey rolls with homemade mayo, one slice of avocado, and one carrot.

Meal 3- Spicy chicken, dreamy avocado dressing (ISWF recipe), and raw bell peppers.  I had 1 cup of strawberries after dinner. :)

No big deal: just day TWENTY-FIVE!

Though the program is on a "30-day-to-transform-your-life" schedule, I won't be stopping with the transformation of only thirty days.  I have experienced remarkable transformations, from my relationship with food to my physique changing.  I have been blown away by the results, and I cannot wait to share the details.  My intention was to begin another Whole30 immediately following this Whole30.  Then, I heard the news that my CrossFit box is doing a gym-wide Whole30 challenge late in August.  So, I'll continue Whole30-lifestyle until I start another Whole30 with CrossFit.  I'm so looking forward to continuing this journey long-term.  :)

Day #25

PRE-WO: Primal Egg Coffee

POST-WO:  1/2 sweet potato and turkey

Meal 1: Ground turkey & spinach frittata (ISWF recipe) with a few avocado slices

Meal 2: Turkey deli meat rolls with Dreamy Avocado Dressing (ISWF recipe).  Coffee.

Meal 3: Spaghetti squash, meatballs, and homemade marinara sauce.  Whole peach for dessert.

Day #26:

Pre-WO: Primal Egg Coffee.  I have found this to be a fantastic pre-workout meal.  The caffeine of the coffee improves performance, the 1.5 eggs give me protein and fat, and the added coconut oil provides healthy fat. 

Post-WO: 1/2 sweet potato and citrus chicken.

Meal 1: Spicy Turkey Frittata (ISWF recipe; I added ground turkey, bell peppers, spinach, onion, and jalapeños.) 

Meal 2:  Turkey and Ham deli meat roll ups with grilled tomato and broccoli.

I had some coffee at 3, but then wasn't hungry at all.  So, no third meal. 

Day 27- only three days until this round of Whole30 is complete!  :)

Pre-WO: Primal Egg Coffee.

Post-WO: 1 sweet potato and turkey sausage.

It was a grab-and-go, busy kind of a day, so unfortunately, this wasn't a very fun food day. 

Meal 1: Leftover Frittata and coffee.

Meal 2: Turkey sausage with two bell peppers, dipped in ISWF Dreamy Avocado Dressing.

Meal 3: Skipped.  I ended up eating meal two around 5PM, and was satisfied to go to bed early. I'll definitely eat three meals tomorrow!! ;)

Day #28:

I ate a lot today.  No craving gross, processed foods like I used to do, but just feeling more inclined to eat.

Meal 1: 6AM-Primal Egg Coffee.  9AM- Leftover Frittata (large serving) with salsa and dreamy avocado dip.

Between meals 1-2, I snacked on some berries and coconut butter (2-3 tbsp.)

Meal 2:  ISWF 'No Fuss Salon Cakes' and Cucumber salad.  I "grazed" a lot while preparing the cucumber salad, but I'm not sure that's okay.

I went to workout this afternoon, but lunch sort of served as a pre-workout meal.

Post WO: Salmon cake

Dinner: Grass-fed burger, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, tomato, and onion.  I also had a few grapes following my third meal.

I feel like I was inhaling food today.  I suppose that my body needed it, but nevertheless, I was surprised. 

Archived