Intense daily headaches,hives, joint pain, joint swelling. At my wits end.

zinniaseeds

I found this site today and registered. I also ordered the book. A few mintues later I had to leave to go watch a friends daughter ride her horse at our local county fair as I had promised.

I am back. While I was at the fair, I drank an "all natural" fruit smoothy . I do not normally eat or drink things with sugar.  I came home  and  my lips and mouth are full of hives. My back has hives. I took a benadryl.

Every morning at 3 am I wake up with a headache.. My hands and fingers swell. I do not eat prepackaged foods or grain cause it causes athsma. . I eat dairy and I do eat  Boars Head proccessed meats on rare occasion. 

Every time we eat out I get a headache. Even if it is a salad with no dressing. There are some days that everytime I eat I get a headache.

I had bronchitis at Christmas time and it lasted for 8 weeks. I ended up on  double Zpacks of antibiotics. It helped and I felt a little better

The end of February,  I traveled to St Croix  VI to help my youngest child ( daughter) with her newborn son. I contracted Dengue fever from mosquito bites while I was there. I was very sick for a couple of months. In May I began to feel a little better, but my bones and joints still ache if I do too much.

I really need to build up my immune system. I  have been researching the internet to find the best way. This whole 30 makes sense...sounds like it has the potential to become a while 365.

Last week, my head was in such constant pain, that I was seriously thinking about the emergency room, or taking ANYTHING that would stop the pain. Nothing works, except strong coffee.

I do not drink alcohol. It gives me a headache with in 10 minutes of the first swallow. I do not eat sugar or grain. It swells my nose almost shut.  I do use real cream in my coffee and eat cheese. I am ready to do anything to stop the head pain, joint pain  and the itching.

If you do do W30, you should do the AI and Anti-histamine protocol.

Are you taking a lot of NASIDs? those are ibprofen (advil, aleve). I was doing that when I would also have the 3 am splitting headache. If you take too much you can get rebound headaches. Also, NASIDs really mess with your digestive system and can cause leaky gut which then leads to a whole bunch of other problems.

Bet, yes I am. I will stop and deal with the headache. My plan on the whole 30 is to take nothing. I did drink coffee this morning, but I did not add cream.  Maybe coffee is causing rebound headaches too. Who knows. 

Tom, my family doctor just gave me a prescription for nystatin powder to take by mouth. He thinks I have systemic candida. I just had about 8 tubes of blood taken testing for eveything from Lymes, to gout. Nothing pops up.  I am supposed to mix 1/8th of a tsp nystatin powder with 1/4 cup water and then swish it i my mouth and swallow it...No sugar, grain, carbs of any kind while doing this. I have to start it one week after starting the very low carb diet. So today I start the whole 30 and then next friday start the nystatin. Last night was my last carb thing...deffinately was not worth it.

My mouth hives are gone this morning.

I have a sister that lives in Roswell. She used to live in Buford, and she goes to a church in Alpharetta. I know those towns... About 12 hours from my house. If you ever have a whole 30 gathering...I'd love to come down

I just realize that Tom is from Alpharetta, hi neighbor!

It was hard to get off the Advil merry go round. I used to get cluster headaches, so I would be popping them every few hours for days. Since the beginning of this year, I switched to Tylenol, but there have been a few times I had to resort to Advil. I just try to make sure it's on a full stomach.

Don't cut out coffee cold turkey. Caffeine withdrawl can make you feel like you are going to die.

That's great. I found my elbow tendinitis was about 90% better after only 5 days on W30. I still have headaches and post nasal drip, it could be our weather. Overcast, rainy, stormy weather (which is all we've been having) can trigger migraines for me.

Post nasel drip for me is oatmeal and wheat. An oatmeal cookie for me is deadly. It took a couple of months of being off grains totally for that to stop. It is amazing. I had candida. THat took at least a year to get over. No sugar, no carbs basically. I had chronic sinus infections. To be rid of them...systemic yeast infection. I had to eat nothing that would grow yeast. No fruit, no grain, no yeast products... If I knew then what I know now, I woulda went further and done this whole 30, but that was years before the idea of whole 30 was even on the web.

A sinus infection is basically a fungal infection in your sinus cavity. Your post nasel drip is probably that. After a while it gets inflammed and you go on antibiotics. actually, antifungals work better. I also took diflucan and then nystatin powder.

Archived