What do y'all eat at Whole Foods?

LauraLish

Hey-- I'm sure this is already discussed, but a seach for "whole foods" in a Whole9 forum pulled up practically every entry ever.

I have a tiny window to pick up supper tonight after work.  I'm thinking rotisserie chicken and some sides.  I hardly ever shop there.. what's your favorite compliant items?

I hate to say this, but the labeling at my Whole Foods has been inconsistent (ingredients have been changed, but labels have not) and the foods have not been compliant when I have checked.  I can't remember if the rotisserie chicken was compliant, but I did ask on the FB page for my store a while back.

Flanken short ribs were on sale at ours this week.  I'd grab those and some veggies and grill it all up at home.

I also love to grab a turkey leg and stick it in the crock pot to have later.  I add carrot, celery, onion, salt, and pepper.  When it is done, I blend the veggies and juice from the turkey to make gravy.  NOM! 

I think different WF have different hot case items (at least they do here) but my FAVORITE new thing is their buffalo chicken wings. I have checked with several different people to make sure they are compliant. they aren't a regular dinner because they do use canola oil for frying, but they are fine sometimes. (canola oil is compliant, just not the best choice so it's a "rare" oil)

Archived