Bloated Badly

Did you have any compliant fat with either of your meals?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have issues with tomatoes? (wild guess since you had them at both meals today and you're bloated)

Also, make sure you're eating enough veggies - shoot for 1-2 cups per meal.

In the past, whenever I started a new program (cleanse, diet, Whole30, etc.) I would always bloat up the first week.  Like clockwork.  After that, things started coming off.  I could never explain it, but I could count on it to happen.  It's worthwhile to play around with your food a bit to see if something you're eating is to blame, but it may just be something you have to wait out.  

If it's an ongoing issue, it could be due to food sensitivities.  If your body continues to receive food that it deems to be toxic, it'll do it's best to dilute it, thus the water retention and resulting bloat...  If you can eliminate them and still have the bloating, several people (myself included) have found sweet relief with the use of digestive enzymes.  Seriously, they can be a huge help!  Something to keep in your back pocket if needed.  

In the past, whenever I started a new program (cleanse, diet, Whole30, etc.) I would always bloat up the first week.  Like clockwork.  After that, things started coming off.  I could never explain it, but I could count on it to happen.  It's worthwhile to play around with your food a bit to see if something you're eating is to blame, but it may just be something you have to wait out.  

If it's an ongoing issue, it could be due to food sensitivities.  If your body continues to receive food that it deems to be toxic, it'll do it's best to dilute it, thus the water retention and resulting bloat...  If you can eliminate them and still have the bloating, several people (myself included) have found sweet relief with the use of digestive enzymes.  Seriously, they can be a huge help!  Something to keep in your back pocket if needed.  

Digestive Enzymes? How do they help the bloat? I have been having bowel issues and bloating for a few years now Dr thinks nothing serious so hoping Whole30 will help!

Yep olive oil at brekkie and the chicken was cooked off with coconut oil!

Always have bloating badly but today it is horrid!!!

I think you need more fats - unless you cooked your chicken in a pool of oil then scooped the oil out along with the chicken, you're likely not eating that much of it!

Your body isn't going to magically get better in a day..... It takes a while! You could also be sensitive to tomato like has already been suggested.

Hi fab, if you've had bloating and bowel issues before and it's gotten worse, you may have IBS. If you are eating more protein that you normally do (which includes eggs) you may want to take HCL along with the digestive enzymes. HCL works mostly on protein and breaks it down in the stomach.

I also agree about the tomatoes. I don't eat nightshades, I have a sensitivity to them. Try eliminating them for a few days and see if you feel better.

Archived