Kicking Caffeine

AnthroFit

My partner is doing the whole 30 with me and has given up coffee without really planning to, we are in day 10 of whole 30 and they haven't had any caffeine now for 6 days. She just didn't seem to need it anymore, she did have some withdrawls but nothing too bad.

I'm taking a break from coffee this W30 (caff and decaf). For the first 5-7 days I really missed my morning cup(s) (of decaf). Now (day 11) I don't think about it much. I do plan to return to coffee after my W30; I'm just trying to become aware of how much I lean on it!

I will say that with multiple W30s I've become very sensitive to caffeine, so much so that I was drinking mostly decaf before.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up coffee when I started my W30 (19 days ago) -- I did it because I like my coffee with half & half, and didn't care to even try it with coconut milk or ghee. So I switched to herbal tea, my favorite happens to be decaf. I had mild headaches and low back pain (which I've read can be a symptom of caffeine withdrawal) for 4-5 days, and then felt fine. And between giving up caffeine and alcohol, I'm sleeping like a baby!

Archived