Can I eat flaxseed?

pgun3

Flax seed isn't banned during a W30, but it isn't ideal. In ISWF, it is listed under nuts and seeds as a choice that should be limited. Pg 175-176 if you have the book. They have too much PUFA - polyunsaturated fatty acids.

I don't eat them anymore after reading a lot about them.

Thanks for the page #'s I am supposed to be getting the book in the mail TODAY! Yay. I am actually asking for a friend as I don't eat flaxseed. I am trying to get her to try the paleo diet as she has high cholesterol. I need to try Harder! as for me it's not so easy I think I am truly addicted to all the bad foods I am eating. I also let me moods make my decisions for me!

thanks again!

Many of us struggle with that as well. All I can say is for me it helped to just make the decision to do the Whole 30 and start and not over think it. We can do anything for a month, a day at a time. I hope this forum inspires you on your path!

Good to know about the flaxseeds it helps to research all the health claims on things before going "nuts" on it! ;)

I have just received ISWF and so far I think this is a book I will be able to finish. I'm only on chapter 4 but it is actually explaining things to me in a non scientific more understandable way. I can't stand reading books with alot of science (above the head) with alot of added words just to make a book.

I hope the book and this forum will keep me motivated also! As I need motivation. Even thou my husband loves me and wants me to be healthy he just doesn't get this "lifestyle" because it goes against what most have been told (eating healthy fat & no wheat) which makes him less motivating. I guess I just need to DO IT and prove to him it is good and works!

thanks again to everyone!

Archived