Starting Sunday the 15th

thesusan

Well I found The Whole 30 through Mark Sisson's post re recommended links. Looked it over, ordered the book (arrives today!) and thought, "what the heck, I can do anything for 30 days." I am a 49 year old aging athlete. I have had TONS of injuries & surgeries recently. I am also dealing with perimenopause, which means I don't even know my own body right now. I hope the coming 30 days will help me reconnect with it!! I am excited ... and also anticipate struggling to keep on task.

I hear you on the perimenopause! It's like an alien invaded my body! I'm looking forward to seeing how the W30 may help alieviate my symptoms. Sugar, alcohol, and grains are definitely triggers so the W30 will certainly help there. I'm on day 5 and the hot flashes and night sweats haven't slowed down, but it is early days. Good luck to you! At the very least you will gain health and it will promote healing to your body. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Thank you everyone for the support! In the past 3 years I have had 4 foot surgeries, a complete shoulder rebuild, and a total MCL rupture. I have gained a lot of weight between the crutches and perimenopause. I appreciate the support and have my fingers crossed that this will help me start feelilng like myself. Today is day 2 .... and I am craving bread, but not too badly. So far so good ... I think!!

Archived