Take 3 on my Whole 30 - I KNOW I'm going to make it this time!

LindaLee

Back to work today! DAY 1

Breakfast:

Organic hot dog

2 hard boiled eggs

Olives

Carrots

Prunes

Lunch:

Fish

Cauliflower cous-cous w/smushed tomatoes

Spinach

Tomatoes

Coconut cream Larabar

Dinner:

1/2 serving breakfast hash (leftover)

2 eggs

Spinach and tomatoes with W30 mayo

Prunes

I have to admit, feeding the sugar dragons yesterday made them bold, but I put them back in their cage...

Woohoo!

DAY 2:

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled with 2 organic hot dogs, spinach, and tomatoes

Prunes

Workout at Crossfit (Foundations Class #3)

200 m run. 3 hollow body, 3 planks. 10 pushups, 10 air squats.

Reviewed: push press.

New skills: front squat, goblet (or as I like to call it, goblin) squat, thruster, rowing. 5 each of the squats and thrusters, 300 m rowing.

WOD: 3 rounds, for time:

300 m rowing

10 thrusters

10 ring rows

I was beat!

Post-workout meal:

1/2 Chicken breast

Half sweet potato

Lunch:

Chicken salad (canned chicken, scallion tops, walnuts, mustard and mayo)

Red leaf lettuce

Carrots

Raspberries

Spiritual meal: Mass :)

Dinner:

Bass my husband and stepson caught yesterday - YUM

Sauteed in olive oil: butternut squash, yellow squash, red pepper, orange pepper

Prunes

Really tired...night all!

DAY 3:

Feeling so tired today. It was quite a week last week, then I have worked really hard the last two days working out and getting food ready for the week. I enjoy it, but being on your feet for so long wears a body out, especially after the workout yesterday!

Breakfast:

2 eggs with red leaf lettuce

Pork sausage

Pluot

Lunch:

Canned chicken w/mayo

Mixed veggie leftovers

Peach

Snack: Felt very hungry mid-afternoon, so ate a bit (1/2 meal):

Olives

Organic hot dog

Prunes

Had a nap which was positively glorious. I never nap, so this is an extreme luxury for me.

Dinner:

Grassfed sirloin steak on the George Foreman

Lettuce and fresh tomatoes with W30 mayo

Going to have an early night tonight...Crossfit Foundations #4 tomorrow night after work. Hopefully I'll feel better than I do now...if not I'll just take it a little easier tomorrow.

DAY 4:

It was my day to forget my food, sigh...not a good idea on workout day.

Breakfast:

Chorizo quiche

Hard boiled egg

Carrots

Blackberries

Lunch:

FORGOT MY CHICKEN SALAD!

Fortunately the cafeteria had plain old hard boiled eggs, so I had 2

Plus a primal pak (jerky, nuts, fruit)

Spinach

Tomatoes

Olives

Dinner

Marinara sauce

Spaghetti squash

Tomato

Olives

Crossfit workout:

Warmup was 200m run, 3 rockin' hollow bodies and (I think) 10 pushups. We learned hollow body/superman to help get the pullup motion.

Tonight we learned variations of pullups - kip swing, jump, and band (I think that's all of them). We also learned walking lunges.

Workout: 3 rounds for time:

200 m run (yikes!)

30 feet walking lunges

10 pullups (your variation - mine was jumping because of the tendonitis in my right bicep)

I wasn't last (probably because of my pullup variation) and I didn't throw up or pass out even though it was 95 degrees out when we started. All in all, a good day.

Post workout

Salmon

1 tomato

3 prunes

DAY 5:

Breakfast:

Chorizo Quiche

Carrots

Peach

Olives

Lunch:

Chicken salad

Spinach and tomato

Pluot

Hazelnuts

Hardboiled egg

Dinner

Salmon

Organic hot dog

Cauliflower cous-cous

Red lettuce w/w30 mayo

Peach with sunbutter

A few pieces of pineapple while I was cutting it up...I know I'd already had my fruit for today, but I can't resist fresh pineapple.

Day 6:

Breakfast

Breakfast hash (from Success Guide)

Carrots

Olives

Lunch:

Tuna salad

Spinach and tomato with mayo

Grapes

Didn't get to have my dinner...couldn't get to a microwave, so I had to wing it before my workout

Jerky

Organic hot dog

1/4 avocado

Crossfit Foundations Class #5:

I practice hanging for a while, trying to strengthen my shoulders and my arm

Warm up 200m run (mind you, it was about 99 degrees out - thank goodness the coach closed up the box and had the air on for the rest of the workout)

Air Squats

Something I don't remember the name of - it was a shin to forearm thing while in plank position

Planks

Pole squats - deep, deep while holding onto the "cage" pole

Reviewed push press and deadlift (65# - never lifted that much in my life)

Learned overhead squats (no weights)

Knee to elbow (aka K2E) - I did jumping and sort of scrambling up one leg at a time due to my tendonitis

WOD:

3 rounds for time:

Row 300m

5 K2E

10 Push press - my last ten were definitely my best

Have no idea where I came in the order since we were all going in different orders!

Post-workout:

Salmon

Butternut squash

Pluot

Very depressed that we still aren't getting rain at our house. It seems to be all around us, but not at our house.

Yeah, you're right...it isn't cheap! So far it's been worth it, though...I am working hard!

Day 7

Breakfast:

Breakfast hash

Carrots

Olives

Lunch

Tuna salad

Hard boiled egg

Spinach and tomato with mayo

Grapes

Jerky

Dinner

Salmon

Couscous

Crossfit Foundations class 6 (halfway through!):

I got there early again so I could do the exercises for my back and arm from my physical therapist. I also can't do much with pullups yet because of my arm, so I go early so I can hang on the bars a bit and strengthen my shoulders.

Warmup: This was a strange exercise! First one person sits on the floor and extends their arms. Then the other person jumps with both feet over one arm, then their (flat thank God) legs, then the other arm. We did five of these. That's called "Junk Yard Dog Drill." Then one person does a plank only rounded up as far as you can, and the other person crawls underneath them. Then they plank down as far as they can and you jump over them. Five of these. It sounds silly, but trust me...it got the blood pumping.

Then we stretched.

Then we reviewed overhead squats. (HARD)

New skills: wallball (squat, then at the top of it push throw a medicine ball at a target on the wall) and backsquats (barbell on traps)

WOD:

5 rounds for time:

7 wallballs

7 pushups (I'm still using a box, but they were easier!! I AM getting stronger!)

7 ring rows

WHEW!!

Post-workout:

One thin chicken breast

Day 8

Breakfast

Chorizo quiche

Hard boiled egg

Carrots

Pineapple

Lunch

Chicken salad

Spinach, lettuce, and tomatoes

Grapes

Evening (driving to my husband's house - way past regular dinner time - starving!!!)

Mac nuts

Dinner

Sausage

2 eggs in coconut oil

Spinach

Tomatoes

Prunes

Weighed myself last night and was horrified!! Then weighed myself this morning and was delighted, LOL. I know I'm not supposed to...but I was tickled to see I've lost a total of 10 pounds. Slow and steady.

Day 9

Woke up this morning with puffy fingers. Thinking it's too much sodium - the nuts and the sausage - or perhaps too many nightshades? Or not enough water. So I'm going to cut out tomatoes and bell peppers for a while, and limit nuts.

By noon everything was fine

Breakfast:

4 eggs scrambled with spinach and mushrooms in coconut oil

Olives

Carrots

Banana

Lunch

1 organic hot dog

Salmon

Broccoli and green beans in W30 mayo (live broccoli! Very filling)

Spinach

Pineapple (love fresh pineapple)

Day 10: I've determined this is going to be a Whole15 (no lectures, please! :) ). I have a vacation coming up starting 7/27, so I'm going to have a LITTLE treat, then stay pretty careful the next few days. Then I'm going to start the Whole30 on 8/1, which also coincides with a 45 day paleo challenge at my gym.

But for today, it's still on:

3 eggs scrambled with spinach and tomatoes

1 organic hot dog

Spinach with mayo

Carrots

Banana

Didn't really get to have much lunch, since I was in transit from our rental house to home. I had some macademia nuts and when I got home, a piece of chicken. I'm happy because while I was grocery shopping on my way home, I didn't even think about getting ice cream...I was far too focused on getting some decent knives, LOL.

Spent the evening cooking breakfast hash and making some lunch things and chicken.

Dinner:

Chicken breast

Squash and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil

Spinach and tomatoes

Prunes

Now who would lecture you? I think once you've done one clear w30 your subsequent periods of super strict paleo can be as long or as short as you wish. I started back today after a week off but am finishing aug 17th as I'm going to a friends wedding and I'm going to get dressed up and drink some wine goddammit! :D

You're doing fantastic, and you're calling it what it is - a whole 15. Have fun on your vacation! It's wonderful that you'll have the kind of support that comes with doing a challenge with your gym in August.

Now who would lecture you? I think once you've done one clear w30 your subsequent periods of super strict paleo can be as long or as short as you wish. I started back today after a week off but am finishing aug 17th as I'm going to a friends wedding and I'm going to get dressed up and drink some wine goddammit! :D

Wellll, I haven't made it through a whole one YET. However, I keep upping the days I string together (first it was about 3, then 11, and now 15), and I'm very confident that I'll make the 30 and 45 day challenges. It often takes me a couple of tries at something before I really succeed. However, if you take out the "treat" days, I have had about 30 days of Whole 30 eating with about four treat days since June 15 - not sure if that's exactly right, but it's a good estimate. That's a whole lot better than I've done in the past, and I've "banked" a lot of really good days. I am hoping when I DO string those 30 straight days together, the toxins will finally be gone from my body and I'll feel that boundless energy!

I have lost 10 pounds, which is amazing to me...and I lost about half of that before I even started my Foundations class. My back still bothers me, but that's something that's going to take time and physical therapy to heal - same with my arm. I just have to be patient. I'll be so amazed to see where I am a year from now!

You're doing fantastic, and you're calling it what it is - a whole 15. Have fun on your vacation! It's wonderful that you'll have the kind of support that comes with doing a challenge with your gym in August.

Honestly, I can't wait for the challenge! You're right, having support through here has helped, and having it at the gym will be even better!

Nice job on stringing together more and more days. It sounds like you are being realistic with yourself about what you want from your vacation. That seems better than setting yourself up for anguish!

I was just thinking about where I was a year ago (still eating lots of crap!). It is nice to change and to feel in control! Keep on and enjoy!

Day 11 - 7/23/12 - had a bit of a spinach episode yesterday...it definitely was not fresh, but I figured that would be okay since I was cooking it. Not too long after that I began to feel very lightheaded and dizzy. My husband thinks it was the spinach. At any rate, I still felt dreadful today so I stayed home from work. Not nauseous, just lightheaded and headachy.

For today:

Breakfast:

2 eggs with FRESH spinach, tomatoes, and 1 organic hot dog

Spinach with mayo

Prunes

Lunch:

Tuna salad with 1 tbsp mayo and some mustard

Spinach and tomatoes with mayo

Butternut squash steamed with clarified butter and salt (incredibly yummy)

Blackberries with coconut milk

Dinner:

6 oz. lean ground beef (93/7)

Steamed broccoli with clarified butter and salt

Small apple

I was amazed how sweet and wonderful the apple tasted. I know my tastebuds are starting to zip back to life...yay!

Archived