Post Workout Question?

Kellyf882

" I'm going to eat chicken and sweet potato post workout. How much should I eat? The whole potato? "

There is no rule about that. If I am going to have a meal soon, I eat 2-4 oz (guestimating) of protein and maybe 2-3 slices of sweet potato. I make baked sweet potato coins so I just grab a few and eat them cold.

There is a guide in ISWF to judge how much carbohydrate you need after your workout, some people don't need any. Protein is "half" a serving.

The meal template suggests a meal sized serving postWO, and a half serve or less preWO

I gauge my sweet potato intake on how intense my training is...super heavy, intense weight sessions warrant more than sessions that aren't so big.

The meal template suggests a meal sized serving postWO, and a half serve or less preWO

I gauge my sweet potato intake on how intense my training is...super heavy, intense weight sessions warrant more than sessions that aren't so big.

Yep.... What she said!!! Lol

If I'm having a de-load day of core and recovery/cardio, I mostly skip a post meal and eat a normal meal one...

If I'm doing Oly lifting,powerlifting, killer metacons.... I'll eat 1-1 1/2 sweet potatoes and 8-10 oz chicken breast

Just a matter of fine tuning to see what makes you feel great... If your sluggish and tired, it's a good sign that you need more post WO carb

Archived