Was it the coconut or the nuts?

Hi all,

I'm on week 1. Day 5 I made mixture of walnuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, coconut shreds, chia seeds & coconut milk and ate an open handful of the mix alongside my breakfast. That night I was more bloated than I've been since beginning, and felt that way for 24-36 hours after. Not realizing it may have been the mix, I had the same thing the next morning - but about half of the portion as the day before, and didn't feel as bloated but did experience more discomfort than usual.

I usually add nuts, macedemia & marcona almonds, to salads and have never experienced the same issue. I have no problem with coconut oil or coconut milk that I've noticed.

What do you think caused it? Quantity of nuts/coconut, or the different types of nuts or the coconut shreds? How do I go about reintroducing the foods, and how do I do that? Could it have been the bloating day on the timeline (I had passed all the other stages). I'm on day 8 and haven't had any of the nut mix or coconut shreds and feel great again - and my digestive system is...back to normal.

Thanks so much!!

-kat

When you reintroduce them make sure you eat a good quantity. I can handle nuts in small portions, but if I eat too many---like a bunch of almond flour crusted chicken---I get horribly bloated. I tend to avoid them completely now.

Archived