SmoothieQuestion

Today, sept 22 is my day one. I am wondering about my breakfast smoothie.

I always have a smoothie with1/2 c kefir, 1/4c coconut milk, 1/3c frozen blueberries, 1/2-2/3c frozen spinach and 1/4 banana.

This is what I always have and it tides me over most days until lunch. Can I keep having this as my breakfast, maybe along with a hard boiled egg to increase the protein? I would omit the kefir for my 30 days.

no.

Try the whole30 having real solid food at breakfast. After your 30 days, you can try smoothies again, but, if you are like me (and I had smoothies every morning for YEARS) you may find that you don't want to go back.

Follow the template, meaning, a palm-size portion of protein, about 2 cups of vegetables and a thumb-size portion of fat at every meal including breakfast. I know it holds me over way better than smoothies ever did.

Don't eat eggs if you have to choke them down. You can still eat the type of things that you would put in the smoothie... The point if no smoothies is that people tend to eat more fruit when it is blended and if you sat down and ate the solid versions of those same veggies and fruit you would fill up faster and feel more satisfied from the chewing of the real food. Just have the sautéed veggies and sausage with a side of fruit and drink some coconut milk.

That is a good suggestion Sheba-kitty. As I was forcing myself to eat the eggs I acknowledged that this is simply not going to be sustainable if I have to start the day with a repulsive meal! I am going to have to get creative and make use of dinner leftovers and other options. No biggie. Although I do like my smoothie.

Archived