Day 18 and fighting skin issues

diggs721

My husband and I started our Whole 30 journey 9/9/13, and its been a pretty good experience so far. I've enjoyed our meals, and overall I do feel "healthier", but I don't have the spring outta bed ready to go feeling some speak of, and also I still seem to get that 4 o'clock "a nap would be stellar right now" feeling, and yes, I'm getting at least 8 hours a night. Another issue I am noticing over the last week or 2 is my skin which is suppose to be brighter and clearer...isn't! I haven't really struggled with breakouts much in my adult life, but have noticed a few little pop ups here and there, which really disappoints me...especially when its the total opposite for my hubby. In reading thru here I am seeing that some people say coffee could be the culprit...which I hope and pray is not the case because I really do enjoy my cup in the morning but just want to see if in fact, this could be the problem or if anyone has suggestions for me? I must say week 1 of my bad food detox was pretty brutal, and I'm sure if I have to go thru coffee withdraw it might be another tough week for anyone in contact with me...

I'm on day 29 and unfortunately my face has been breaking out bad the last week :/ So I'm interested in hearing any answers to this too. My skin is one area that hasn't seemed to improve at all. I don't think coffee is the culprit for me though, bc I've only had one cup of coffee during this whole30. 

I will say that hormones are one big giant culprit for women.  So if you are both near your period, this could explain it why it's happening now.

Now if that is not it, it would be helpful to know what you have been eating in order to delve into this further.  Can you list out what you have been eating for a few days?

Archived