Reintroduction with kids

headdress

Hello, i have just completed the Whole30 as have my children. I would like to bake some cookies for them and will probably use coconut flour / almond flour. I just wondered what about coconut sugar, is it just the same as any other sugar? I have seen it in Wholefoods Market in London but do not know anything about it. Can anyone suggest other substitutes for sugar while baking?I will be reintroducing non dairy substitutes for milk today. We have almond milk which has carrageenan. My research tells me it is locust bean gum/carob seed. I assume the amount is quite tiny but wonder if i should find something else as carob seed is a legume?? Help. This is trickier than i thought.

headdress - 

Congratulations to you all on completing a Whole30 together!  What an accomplishment!  Coconut sugar is just like any other sugar (to your body), but I'm not sure of the substitution rate.  Carrageenan usually comes from a chemical extracted from seaweed, so you don't need to worry about the tricky legume reintro :)

I'd love to read about your whole30 with kids - were you posting it in a forum?  I tried to include my kids in my first whole30 (of which I am on day 28) but found it to be too much of a struggle while I was new to it myself.  But for my second whole30 (or my continuation on to a whole60) I'd like to include them.  Not sure if I am committed enough to make them be on a whole30 over Halloween though.  They may have to start November 1.  The school is already slipping them candy and I just can't bear to make myself mean enough to ask the school to stop.  Though they've got such terrible issues with red dye that I really should, because it affects our home life when people feed my children food they shouldn't have.

Archived