WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, high five! Yep I'm still good! Old habits die hard, I almost ate the pan scrapings of the fried rice I made for my son last night before remembering that's a no go! The next week or so is going to be challenging, I have a few nights out I'm going to have to navigate carefully, which is no problem, but I don't like being the "boring" one that always says no to alcohol and dessert :P Anway, maybe I'll just get water and claim it's vodka. 

Hope everyone survived the weekend ok and you aren't having any "kill all the things" moments!  :D

Yippee, glad you are still good Zoodles! I get this temptation to not go through. I say things like "100 days is extreme, why not just do 30, have a fun Christmas" or "I will start tomorrow" etc. Three months and a bit, small sacrifice for good health outcomes. I am planning a hiking trip to Tasmania, and I am trying to find food that will comply with whole30. No easy task. Plus, they dude I am going with is an old drinking buddy of mine from university, so if I can survive THAT I can feel good. Keep going, lets really do this.

Well done resting the Dark Side Zoodles!

Yippee, glad you are still good Zoodles! I get this temptation to not go through. I say things like "100 days is extreme, why not just do 30, have a fun Christmas" or "I will start tomorrow" etc. Three months and a bit, small sacrifice for good health outcomes. I am planning a hiking trip to Tasmania, and I am trying to find food that will comply with whole30. No easy task. Plus, they dude I am going with is an old drinking buddy of mine from university, so if I can survive THAT I can feel good. Keep going, lets really do this.

Well done resting the Dark Side Zoodles!

you can still have a fun Christmas - you can probably have a more memorable, fun Christmas as you wont be wasting hours with a fuzzy alcohol induced head, or asleep on Christmas afternoon in a food coma. or be in a sugar daze....

staying compliant with food wouldn't be overly difficult, although the Heston Blumenthal Christmas puddings I bought from coles the other day would definitely not be compliant :P it's ok, i'll eat your piece! :)

Hi All,

Hope it's not to late to join this group! I'm in for 100! I did whole45 and somehow have been off for 14 and really feeling it. Looking it also. Obviously I need to make some permanent changes and 45 wasn't long enough! Everyone here seems enthusiastic and ready to fight the dragon!

Some goals:

Stay on plan

Controll the approved snacking. Almond butter , raisins and dates!

Continue to exercise.

I love how I feel on plan and want to continue my life there!

Thanks everyone,!

Hi Sam, of course it's not too late, the more the merrier! I agree, some of us seem to need a bit longer than 30 days, and teaming up is great motivation to stick it out for longer. So welcome! :)

And Francsois, so jealous of your hiking trip to Tassie, sounds amazing! I actually think it's easier to stick to healthy eating when you're being active, hiking's no fun when you feel like a sloth! But yeah, portable and travel-friendly food can be tricky, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Coles sells Heston Blumenthal stuff? Whaaaa??? Does it look like a christmas pudding but taste like duck a l'orange or something? Lol! Will have to check it out... maybe next Chrissy :)

Hi All,

Hope it's not to late to join this group! I'm in for 100! I did whole45 and somehow have been off for 14 and really feeling it. Looking it also. Obviously I need to make some permanent changes and 45 wasn't long enough! Everyone here seems enthusiastic and ready to fight the dragon!

Some goals:

Stay on plan

Controll the approved snacking. Almond butter , raisins and dates!

Continue to exercise.

I love how I feel on plan and want to continue my life there!

Thanks everyone,!

Welcome aboard Sam!

Hi Sam, of course it's not too late, the more the merrier! I agree, some of us seem to need a bit longer than 30 days, and teaming up is great motivation to stick it out for longer. So welcome! :)

And Francsois, so jealous of your hiking trip to Tassie, sounds amazing! I actually think it's easier to stick to healthy eating when you're being active, hiking's no fun when you feel like a sloth! But yeah, portable and travel-friendly food can be tricky, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Coles sells Heston Blumenthal stuff? Whaaaa??? Does it look like a christmas pudding but taste like duck a l'orange or something? Lol! Will have to check it out... maybe next Chrissy :)

Heston has a range in Coles for Christmas - a big pudding with a hidden orange, mini puddings with hidden clementines, and a version of a mince pie with pine cone sugar dust. The ingredients are pretty good - not added rubbish, but obviously wheat flour, sugar etc.

They were originally made for sainsburys in the uk (I think) and have been brought over here..

They are delicious, and not overly expensive. I would buy some and keep them for not Christmas time! I bought two mini puddings the other day - they'll keep for ages!

Heston has a range in Coles for Christmas - a big pudding with a hidden orange, mini puddings with hidden clementines, and a version of a mince pie with pine cone sugar dust. The ingredients are pretty good - not added rubbish, but obviously wheat flour, sugar etc.

They were originally made for sainsburys in the uk (I think) and have been brought over here..

They are delicious, and not overly expensive. I would buy some and keep them for not Christmas time! I bought two mini puddings the other day - they'll keep for ages!

Sound delicious, I am having some next Christmas!

They actually sell Lara bar type things at Coles and woollies.... Woollies does the macro brand bars, don't know what they're actually called but they're in the health food section (haha never thought about how bizarre it is to have 1/4 of an aisle dedicated to healthy food, anyway I digress...) and Coles has some called raw food bars or something. They're both based on dates with nuts etc. from memory they're compliant, never tried them tho.

But i agree, make your own! Cheaper and better :)

Love this quote! attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice one LK, too true. of course we wont be quitting! Going for day 6 today, almot 6% finished. Still going strong, I had a farewell dineer for a colluegue, others at the table made a comment because I ate no sweets. My dinner consited of a steak and fizzy water. I did feel a bit weird, I admit. One guy said to me "geez, it is only one dinner, take the day off, eat something nice". I felt like :wacko:

"Give thyself time to learn something new and good, and cease to be whirled around" - Marcus Aurelius ^_^

Mmmmm steeeaaakkkk.....

That attitude is so frustrating, if we ate badly every time there was a "special occassion" or a different "just this once", we'd be eating rubbish pretty much every day. But you survived Francsois, woohoo! Nearly one week in :)

My breakfasts are variations on the same theme, usually I chop up extra vegs the night before when making dinner, then sauté with fried eggs, or sauté and make a frittata, or sauté and make an omelette, or sauté and do baked eggs.... Lol! Never scramble tho, that's a whole new exciting culinary adventure still waiting for me :P

Otherwise I do turnip hash with spinach/kale and sardines, or leftover veggie soup with whatever protein thrown in. If I'm in a real rush I chop avocado and tomato and mix with whatever protein.

So YAY, one week down! I had a minor slip up last night, I made a batch of roast capsicum and cashew sauce/dip, put a bit on my lamb burgers and then later on that night polished off the rest. I wasn't even really hungry, but I think the chocolate cake I made earlier for a school thing for my son set off my craving buttons. Disappointed but at least it was compliant food, so no cause for a start over. Hoping ill conquer the pointless eating in 93 more days!!

Archived