Bathroom question...

Is it normal to have to pee a lot?? I'm not deliberately drinking a lot of water, and other than water I just have 1-2 cups of green tea. I just wonder if this has something to do with losing "water weight"...I'm not even sure what that means. I'm at the end of Day 4 right now.

Some vegetables have a natural diuretic effect. Also if you are eating more fruit and veggies than you were before, you may be taking in more liquid and the bladder needs a few days to adjust to the higher volume -- it is elastic, it will eventually stretch and adapt.

Naturally peeing a lot could be a sign of a deeper problem such as a UTI...don't be afraid to call the doc if you are concerned.

I have peed so much more than I ever used to. I have to get up in the middle of the night a couple of times! Folks also told me it was probably related to stuff getting washed out, vegetables and fruit, plus the extra water I"m drinking. Hopefully it'll get some better...especially the night time getting up...

Some vegetables have a natural diuretic effect. Also if you are eating more fruit and veggies than you were before, you may be taking in more liquid and the bladder needs a few days to adjust to the higher volume -- it is elastic, it will eventually stretch and adapt.

Naturally peeing a lot could be a sign of a deeper problem such as a UTI...don't be afraid to call the doc if you are concerned.

Yes, good point. I bet it's the extra water in the food I'm eating now. Before W30 I was eating 1-2 servings of fruits/veggies per week. Now I eat 2-3 servings per meal!

Archived