Starting Tomorrow Nov 11th

ThomasE

Doing a Whole 30 in conjunction with the Nerd Fitness challenge...seems like the perfect blend of healthy eating and exercise. I know Whole 30 works...completed twice before only to revert back to my old bad habits.  I am committed to not fall back after I complete this Whole 30.  I am also committed to posting updates to hold myself accountable.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! This is my first attempt...have been researching paleo and today received my 'Well Fed' cook book.  Have stocked up on plenty of protein and veg and am just thinking that there is no time like the present!  I have one 'event' coming up on Friday, a work do which will involve a meal at a restaurant and wine flowing, but I'm making a commitment to not let that get in the way.  Best of luck to you and keep me updated on how you are getting on!

Hi! Today is day 1 for me too but this will be my second whole30. I did a whole30 from 16 Sep - 15 Oct and finished while on holiday in Palma de Mallorca so it can be done!

The last month has been a terrible month of eating so want to get back on track.

I may see how I feel after the 30 and possibly continue up to Christmas!

I know the challenge will be Christmas do's coming up but we will be armed with at least two weeks of good choices until then.

Good luck!

Good morning!  Today is day 1 for me too.  I know this will be challenging, but I need the strict rules.  I have wrestled with 10-15 pounds that I cannot lose no matter the reduction in calories or the workouts that I do.  I also started having skin breakouts and reactions over the past year.  Many trips to an allergist, a dermatologist, and my primary physician have me starting this challenge.  I look forward to keeping up with you all over the next 30 days. 

Good luck!

taosetig, I'm in the same boat. I've done it twice now, with great results, and fallen off track both times. I've been trying to just be more controlled with what I'm eating but it seems like I have to be strictly Whole30 or I totally off track. I'm almost thinking of doing it all through the holidays too so I don't get messed up again! I'm sure I'll have a splurge or two at Christmas though, but hopefully I can still be controlled. We'll see! But starting today, for at least the 30 days, I'm back on Whole30! And trying to wean myself off caffeine too...while doing NaNoWriMo (which is a challenge to write 50,000 words this month, while having a full time job, and stressful family situations going on...should be fun!). Maybe I can start a log too to help keep me accountable, as I don't have much of that in real life.

~Frankie

Actually, I think today will be the start of a Whole180 for me- six months on Whole30, likely with a couple exceptions for Christmas and my birthday in January. Hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, and lots of food intolerances have wrecked my body over the years and caused a lot of weight gain, but no more! I'm determined to get down to a size 8 or 10 by next summer (or 165-175 lbs, but I'm not stuck on that since hopefully I'll put back on my muscle too and that'll effect my weight). Currently I'm a size 16 and 235lbs, which is really hard to admit! Going to try to add at least one more exercise day a week too, in addition to my martial arts classes. Hopefully I won't fall flat on my face with this because I know it'll be hard!

~Frankie

I started my second Whole30 today, November 11 also! The first one was great and I never felt better, but I fell off quickly after due to a lot of travel and vacation events. I am likely to extend this to December 20, making it a Whole40!

Good luck to us! :)

Day 1 is done!!  Well almost done...think I feel safe to say I made it through Day 1.  

Wasn't totally prepared for this morning.  Too lazy yesterday.  So ended up eating applegate hotdogs for breakfast with veggies.  Not bad but not nearly as tastey as tomorrows breakfast.  Bison casserole...yum.  Hope everyone made it today.  See you tomorrow!

Whole30 Day 1 - yes I am doing my SECOND #whole30. It has been just less than a month since I finished my last one and my stumble into junky foods has been catastrophic.

I love the structure of the whole30 and really need to kick the sugar habit. Hopefully this time will help!

M1 - fried egg in ghee, chicken, sautéed kale and sweet potato fries

M2 - gammon, sweet potato mash, burnt broccoli

Snack (as had to eat something after donating blood) - tea with almond milk, banana and cashew nuts

M3 - grilled sea bass, cauliflower mash, sautéed kale

Good start so far!

Good morning day 2! No workout this morning as was just exhausted so may do it tonight before dinner. Have a good day everyone!

Hi everyone!  I also started on November 11th, but being as I live in China (AKA "the future), I'm already more than halfway through Day 2.  So far, I have done well, but I am EXHAUSTED!  Mind you, that could have something to do with the fact that I spend every day with 8 year-olds, but I'm not normally this tired until at least Thursday.  I feel like I'm suffering from sugar withdrawal.

My main reason for giving this a try is years and years of undiagnosed belly troubles, combined with what I know to be a true sugar addiction (I have been known to eat Starbursts for breakfast).  I am at normal weight, only varying by 5-10 pounds in either direction at any time, but I would like to become more lean, fit, and healthy overall.

Last week, one of my third-grade students gave me a giant tray of chocolates, and yesterday, I passed them along to a colleague.  I feel like if I can do this, I can do anything!  Let's make it happen!  :)

Travelgirl - the exhaustion does come with the territory unfortunately. Have a read of the whole30 timeline - http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

It is amazing how accurate it can be. My first whole30, the exhaustion seemed to last throughout the whole 30 days. I am feeling a bit better today - compared to how I was in the first whole30, definitely not as tired/exhausted but still not 100%.

I'm in the UK so the beginning of my day 2 is when most others' end!

Actually, I think today will be the start of a Whole180 for me- six months on Whole30, likely with a couple exceptions for Christmas and my birthday in January. Hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, and lots of food intolerances have wrecked my body over the years and caused a lot of weight gain, but no more! I'm determined to get down to a size 8 or 10 by next summer (or 165-175 lbs, but I'm not stuck on that since hopefully I'll put back on my muscle too and that'll effect my weight). Currently I'm a size 16 and 235lbs, which is really hard to admit! Going to try to add at least one more exercise day a week too, in addition to my martial arts classes. Hopefully I won't fall flat on my face with this because I know it'll be hard!

~Frankie

Wow, I love the idea of literally doing a complete 180 with your diet! Sounds awesome.

Hey everyone! I re-started my Whole100 yesterday so I would love to join the thread. I'm already encouraged!

Whole30 Day 2

Another day and I was exhausted this morning so I skipped my workout. Eating was okay today except for the little bit of snacking before my m2 and m3 due to delays. But overall a good eating day!

M1 - sweet potato, parsnip, pork and egg casserole with spinach and a banana

M2 - cashew nuts, olives, butterflies chicken with Peri Peri sauce and ratatouille (lunch out at Nando's and was perfectly doable!)

Snack - banana (had nothing else!)

M3 - #WellFed Cinnamon Beef Stew by @melicious11 with cauliflower mash

How was everyone's day 2?

Halfway through day 2...hungrier today then I had anticipated!  Went to the store at lunch to grab some cashews, bananas and coconut chips (read about this combo on a paleo blog called a monkey salad and thought oh what a treat!!), and stared at the gummy bears sitting next to them and felt my mouth start to water...tough to be so disciplined!  The way I feel already though, this is something that I have a feeling will truly become a part of my future.  Normally in the mornings, my stomach is out of control...it's been very quiet today, such a nice change of pace!  :D

Halfway through day 2...hungrier today then I had anticipated!  Went to the store at lunch to grab some cashews, bananas and coconut chips (read about this combo on a paleo blog called a monkey salad and thought oh what a treat!!), and stared at the gummy bears sitting next to them and felt my mouth start to water...tough to be so disciplined!  The way I feel already though, this is something that I have a feeling will truly become a part of my future.  Normally in the mornings, my stomach is out of control...it's been very quiet today, such a nice change of pace!  :D

What are your meals like? Are you getting enough protein, fat and carbs? Follow the meal planning template found here http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

If you feel deprived and find yourself quickly searching for a compliant meal to satisfy your hunger...YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!  You just have to have a handful of safe items around.  I don't "love" grilled chicken breasts with yellow mustard...but in a pinch it will satisfy me.  Same with a plain hamburger.  Raw veggies are an easy item to have around.  Are they boring...yep...but will work if you are really hungry. 

In the early days of Whole 30 I find preparation is key.  Building a menu...like a restaurant.  Small menu. As boring as it might sound...I will eat the same breakfast almost everyday for my Whole 30.  Bison Casserole (bison sausage, eggs and sweet potatoes).  I will probably eat two to three different lunches and 4-5 different dinners.  The simpler the better. Day 2 is almost done and on to day 3.

If you feel deprived and find yourself quickly searching for a compliant meal to satisfy your hunger...YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!  You just have to have a handful of safe items around.  I don't "love" grilled chicken breasts with yellow mustard...but in a pinch it will satisfy me.  Same with a plain hamburger.  Raw veggies are an easy item to have around.  Are they boring...yep...but will work if you are really hungry. 

In the early days of Whole 30 I find preparation is key.  Building a menu...like a restaurant.  Small menu. As boring as it might sound...I will eat the same breakfast almost everyday for my Whole 30.  Bison Casserole (bison sausage, eggs and sweet potatoes).  I will probably eat two to three different lunches and 4-5 different dinners.  The simpler the better. Day 2 is almost done and on to day 3.

I am the same! I have the same breakfast ( because it is so easy PLUS it is so tasty!) and I also stick with the same 4-5 lunches, and then try to do at least one new recipe per week and go back to 2-3 staple dinners.

Yes prep is key!

I think I'm getting a pretty good balance (I've studied and printed out the meal planner, amongst other things) - 2 egg/sausage muffins, sweet potato hash, and broccoli for breakfast (plus my coffee with coconut milk)...and I too will eat this same thing for breakfast every day, because I like it and it's easy!  Lunch was a spinach salad with ground beef, cauliflower, broccoli, olives, and some raspberries (impatiently waiting for my avocados to ripen).  I just have a major sweet tooth, so seeing gummy bears (something I ate over the weekend before starting this) made me want them.  I am about as strict as you can get when it comes to following a meal plan or a template or what have you - I've always been that way, which is why I knew I could start this and finish it without cheating or falling off the wagon.  I think my body is just adjusting to everything, and I'm going to have to continue to mess with my portion sizes until I find what works.  I don't feel deprived at all, but I am the first to admit I love candy.  ;)

Day 2 just finished, topping it off with NomNom Paleo's Thai Curry Chicken (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/50912676835/thai-curry-chicken) and WellFed2's Coconut Cauliflower Rice.

I'm finding it very easy to slip back into eating well thankfully! Really enjoying cooking again and can't wait for the weekend to try some roast!

On on!

Archived