Starting Tomorrow Nov 11th

ThomasE

Day 15 - halfway!

I woke up at 4:45 this morning to get in my TurboFire Week 2 Day 1 workout - Fire45+Stretch10. Another great dance-y and kickboxing workout where I felt slightly uncoordinated. I felt great after but my energy waned throughout the day, especially in the afternoon.

I off to bed early now...after a few episodes of Dawson's Creek on Lovefilm while I knit. Guilty pleasure.

PreWO - soft boiled egg

PostWO - chicken with sweet potato chips

M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach, coffee with almond milk

M2 - tuna avocado salad, two soft boiled eggs, banana and cashew nuts

M3 - Italian Eggplant Strata, sweet potato chunks, sautéed kale and fried fruit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 17....ahhh, the end is near!  I'm making mini-meals for Thanksgiving tomorrow so that I can still enjoy it, but stay compliant.  Having tummy issues again - anyone else dealing with this?  They had gone away the first two weeks, but are slowly creeping back in...ugh!

Day 17 is over...as far as eating is concerned anyway.  I will update on day 16 and 17 because I ddin't sign back in last night. 

Day 16- 5:00am workout( 3 miles on the treadmill and day 1 ab challenge)

Post W/O- baked chicken

M1:  2 scrambled eggs; sweet potato( baked while I was at the gym); apples with almond butter

M2:  hamburger with grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms; salad with cucumber & tomoato

M3:  grilled chicken tenders, sweet potato fries

Day 17-  didn't work today so slept late and went to gym at 8:00am-  Ran 3 miles on treadmill & day 2 ab challenge

M1:  2 scrambled eggs; sweet potato (baked while at the gym); banana with melted almond butter

M2:  grilled chicken breast; apples; grapes

M3:  sirloin, mushrooms, sweet potato fries, broccoli

Feeling great! Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!!  We are celebrating with the family on Friday.  I am running a 5k tomorrow morning.  Remember you are almost done!  Don't let those temptations get you! 

Day 17 is over...as far as eating is concerned anyway. I will update on day 16 and 17 because I ddin't sign back in last night.

Day 16- 5:00am workout( 3 miles on the treadmill and day 1 ab challenge)

Post W/O- baked chicken

M1: 2 scrambled eggs; sweet potato( baked while I was at the gym); apples with almond butter

M2: hamburger with grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms; salad with cucumber & tomoato

M3: grilled chicken tenders, sweet potato fries

Day 17- didn't work today so slept late and went to gym at 8:00am- Ran 3 miles on treadmill & day 2 ab challenge

M1: 2 scrambled eggs; sweet potato (baked while at the gym); banana with melted almond butter

M2: grilled chicken breast; apples; grapes

M3: sirloin, mushrooms, sweet potato fries, broccoli

Feeling great! Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!! We are celebrating with the family on Friday. I am running a 5k tomorrow morning. Remember you are almost done! Don't let those temptations get you!

Are you including fat with meals 2 and 3? Also remember to not let fruit push vegies off your plate- you didn't have any vegies with meal 2 today!

I think today is day 17.  I'm losing track.  I'm sleeping better, not losing much weight (maybe 4 pounds since the beginning, frustrating).  I am nursing a herniated disk, so I'm not able to do any hard core exercise.  Walking, light weights, and elliptical, lots of stretching and yoga.  My meals for yesterday were.

1) 3 eggs, Kale, onions and tomato sautéed with coconut oil.

2) spaghetti squash, with tomato sauce, and with chicken and Cajun chicken sausage.  Salad of arugula with olive oil and lemon.

3) Beef burger with avocado, tomato, onions.  Side salad with olive oil and lemon. 

Made some good side dishes for Thanksgiving, paleo gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato/butternut squash mash, stuffing (all paleo, all compliant).  My mother is going to hate it!  No one has to eat it but me (actually, it's delicious, just different).  There will be plenty of non-compliant food for the rest of the family. 

I know we're not supposed to stress about weight loss, but that's a biggie for me!

My first priority is getting the inflammation out of my joints, 2nd sleeping (already accomplished), and 3rd weight loss.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Whole30 Day 16

I woke up at 5:15am to do Week 2 Day 2 of TurboFire which was HIIT20+Stretch10 so high intensity circuits for 20min plus a long stretch session. 

My energy seemed steady throughout the day and I have had no headaches which is a huge change from my first whole30. There were also cakes at work and while tempting, being on the whole30 made it easy to say no. However, if I weren't on the whole30, it may be a lot harder...

PreWO - soft boiled egg
PostWO - chicken and sweet potato chips
M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach, coffee with almond milk
M2 - gammon, sweet potato mash, sautéed kale, cashew nuts and a banana
Snack - coffee with almond milk
M3 - pulled pork, sweet potato chips, sautéed kale, dried fruit

Whole30 Day 17

Rest day from my workouts and I thought I would get a chance to sleep in a bit. Nope... Still woke up at 5. But I did sleep very well and did not feel too tired.

However snacking came back with a vengeance today. More cashew nuts... Gah.

M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach salad, coffee with almond milk, cashew nuts
M2 - grilled salmon, sweet potato mash, asparagus, banana, cashew nuts and dried fruit
Snack - cashew nuts and coffee with almond milk
M3 - pork chop, burnt broccoli, sweet potato chips, cashew nuts, dried fruit

Will I extend this due to the contamination of the Paleo scone and licking of the batter of the cinnamon cake last week? Maybe. I still need to think about it...

Happy Day 21!!!  Sorry I have been out of the loop over the weekend.  We celebrated Thanksgivig with my family on Friday (day 19) and yesterday (day 20) I went to a college football game so I have been on the road. 

Day 19

Pre w/o- Turkey Breast

Work out- 30 mins elliptical & 15 mins stair climber

Post w/o & M1- turkey breast; sweet potato; spinach

M2:  turkey breast; sweet potato; collards; green beans

M3:  turkey breast; sweet potato; green beans; handful of cashews

Day 20

M1:  scrambled eggs; sausage patty; sweet potato; collards

M2:  grilled chicken breast (at football game....only thing whole 30 compliant)

M3:  hamburger; 4 grilled shrimp; grilled veggies

Hi everyone!

Sorry to be MIA - it's been a busy few days and I now have my daughter's horrible cold. Ugh. Saturday night, I went to bed at 9:30 as I was so exhausted. Same with Sunday night... then today I left work at midday and took a two hour nap at home and am tempted to go to bed in about an hour which will be 9:15pm. Ugh. No tiger blood here.

Day 18

Today's workout was HIIT+15 and Sculpt30 which I found so fun. I am loving TurboFire!

However this Tiger Blood I am supposed to exhibit is not showing itself...

PreWO - soft boiled egg
M1 - primal breakfast casserole , spinach salad and coffee with almond milk
M2 - grilled salmon, asparagus, sweet potato mash, cashew nuts and a banana
M3 - pork chop, sweet potato chips and sautéed kale

Day 19

Today was an emotionally challenging day for me, and I had a lot on my mind that I needed to get control over. But thankfully, food and exercise were both on track today. I did feel the need to nap this afternoon though... Where is this tiger blood?

PreWO - soft boiled egg
Workout - TurboFire Fire 55EZ (loving the cardio!)
M1 - two eggs, bacon, sautéed kale, sweet potato chips, banana
M2 - sweet potato chips, pulled pork, sautéed kale, cashew nuts and dried strawberries
M3 - courgette noodles Ina ghee sauce, prawns, cashew nuts

Day 20

I realised I have not been strict with my snacking. I made a decision today. No more snacking. I let myself slip every day and have eaten WAAAY too many cashews and dried fruit. I must limit myself to the recommended portion size and stick to it.

M1 - courgette fritters and scrambled eggs, coffee with almond milk

M2 - grilled paprika and sage chicken, sweet potato chips, sautéed kale and a banana

Workout - Core20 + Stretch40 - so a good hour of core exercises and yoga.

PostWO - chicken
M3 - beef Bolognese with courgette noodles and handful of dried strawberries

No cashews at all today so success on the snacking front! Whoo!

Day 21

I went to bed last night at 9:30 as I was so exhausted. I am feeling the same way tonight... I woke up with a terrible cold and sore throat. I am sure I caught it from one of Robyn's many sneezes in my face. Ugh.

But I did eat well today and exercised. I am so LOVING TurboFire. I didn't even need the new to class option!

And I went to church today for the first Sunday of Advent (and Robyn was good and manageable during the mass!) and then... I went up for communion and had the bread and a sip of wine without thinking until after! Crap. It has been a while since I've been to church that I COMPLETELY FORGOT.

Robyn and I then met up with a friend and had lunch at Wetherspoon's which was actually compliant, thank goodness. It can be done!

PreWO - soft boiled egg
M1 - egg, beef Bolognese, sautéed kale, banana
M2 - chicken breast and pepper skewers with salad, cashew nuts and dried strawberries
M3 - slow cooker roast beef (um... So good!), sweet potato hash, sautéed kale

Day 22

I am so stuffed up with a head cold today. I couldn't get out of bed to do my workout, and I left work at midday to get a two hour nap and here I am still feeling crap. Ugh. But at least the eating was good.

M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach salad, banana and coffee with almond milk

M2 - gammon, sweet potato mash, kale sauteed in ghee, and 14 cashew nuts and small handful of dried strawberries

M3 - sea bass sauteed in ghee, burnt broccoli, sweet potato chips/fries

Only eight days left... and in those eight days, I have a team Christmas lunch at work, a Christmas fair...

Once day 31 rolls around, I will allow myself the special occasions (team Christmas dinner, knit group Christmas night) but then will stay compliant until Christmas where I will treat myself again (although I do plan on making Christmas dinner itself compliant while making the desserts my major treat), then back to another whole 30/45/60 or however long I want to go for on January 1st.

How is everyone doing today?

Day 22

Pre W/O- Turkey Breast

Post W/O- Turkey Breast & 1/2 sweet potato

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, sausage patty, spinach, apple w/ almond butter

M2:  Baked Chicken, 1/2 sweet potato; spinach

M3- Chicken sausage w/ spicy jalepeno & roasted red pepper; cauliflower poppers, sweet potato fries

Feeling good....I had to return 4 dresses that I had ordered a couple of weeks ago because they were too BIG:)  I have not stepped on the scales as I am staying compliant with the program.  I also don't want to step on the scales and feel disappointed because I feel better and my clothes are really baggy.  That should be all that matters, but I am a constant weigher(like everytime I walk past the scales) Can't believe that we are in the single digits of days we have left...Keep up the good work

Day 22

Pre W/O- Turkey Breast

Post W/O- Turkey Breast & 1/2 sweet potato

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, sausage patty, spinach, apple w/ almond butter

M2:  Baked Chicken, 1/2 sweet potato; spinach

M3- Chicken sausage w/ spicy jalepeno & roasted red pepper; cauliflower poppers, sweet potato fries

Feeling good....I had to return 4 dresses that I had ordered a couple of weeks ago because they were too BIG:)  I have not stepped on the scales as I am staying compliant with the program.  I also don't want to step on the scales and feel disappointed because I feel better and my clothes are really baggy.  That should be all that matters, but I am a constant weigher(like everytime I walk past the scales) Can't believe that we are in the single digits of days we have left...Keep up the good work

Amazing job! It is so good to see results like that!

As for me, I broke the rules and weighed on Saturday and saw a 2 lb gain which really really upset me but it also got me thinking about how much I'm actually eating and I've now adjusted.

Have a great day 23 everyone!

Amazing job! It is so good to see results like that!

As for me, I broke the rules and weighed on Saturday and saw a 2 lb gain which really really upset me but it also got me thinking about how much I'm actually eating and I've now adjusted.

Have a great day 23 everyone!

Karyna, your reaction to your weight is one of the reasons why weighing yourself is not part of the whole 30. 2lbs is a minute amount, and can be explained by so many things (I can lose more with a trip to the bathroom!) - freaking out and assuming you're overeating, and reducing your intake only because of the number isn't recommended. (ever considered you're undereating and your metabolism has slowed to accommodate the lesser intake?)

eat template meals. eat plenty of protein and fats to satisfy you between meals. eat pre and postWO meals so you have fuel to peform, refuel and recover. You're doing this for health!!

Amberino - I found that I wasn't following the template and I was snacking on cashew nuts like they were going out of style.

So what I meant is that the weighing, which I know I shouldn't have done, has actually told me to stop the snacking and eating more than the recommended amount of fat ( I was having handfuls and handfuls of cashews rather than the thumb size) and to stick to the meal templates instead of letting myself slip.

Happy Day 24!!!

Day 23 schedule follows---too tired to hit the gym yesterday morning..so I slept til 5:30(an extra hour did me good :) ). 

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, sweet potato, spinach, sausage patty, apple, almond butter

M2:  hamburger with grilled onions and mushrooms, green beans, grapes, cashews

M3:  Chicken sausage w/ spicy jalepeno & roasted red pepper, cauliflower poppers, baked sweet potato fries (my favorite meal...I think I could eat it every day)

I feel better today...I actually woke up at 4:15(15 mins before my alarm) so I had some extra time before hitting the gym.  I ran 3.3 miles!  I will post my meals tonight.  Hope everyone else is hanging in there!

Day 24 started our well with my workout and breakfast...

Then I went out for lunch, and thought I was being compliant with an avocado and bacon salad (and after eating realised bacon was probably cured with sugar ) and an omelette with smoked salmon. After a couple of bites I then asked if it was made with milk - yep. Crap.

So I changed to a steak and salad instead.

I feel a bit foggy and some slight stomach cramps but nothing else.

I just feel so stupid and angry with myself for not checking.

Ugh.

I feel slightly better now as I contacted the catering manager for my work's team lunch tomorrow. And they are making everything whole30 compliant.

The starter is poached fillet of salmon and sweet potato tian, red pepper coulis and micro cress salad. There is dairy in it but they will make mine without.

The main is slow roasted buffalo which they will make without alcohol. 

And I chose a fresh fruit salad for dessert which has no added sugar.

So happy that whole30 can be accommodated for Christmas lunch!

Day 24 food log

Pre w/o- 1/2 baked chicken breast

Post w/o- 1/2 baked chicken breast & sweet potato

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, sausage patty, sweet potato, spinach

M2:  baked chicken breast, sweet potato, spinach, cashews, grapes

M3:  baked salmon, sweet potato fries, cauliflower poppers, spinach

Day 25--no workout yesterday.  Slept in since I went on Tuesday

M1:  scrambled eggs, spinach, sausage patty, apple w/almond butter

M2:  baked chicken, sweet potato, spinach, grapes, cashews

snack- baked sweet potato fries( my son got sick at school so had to pick him up at 2pm & my lunch portions were really small so I made some baked swet potato fries around 3pm)

M3:  baked tilapia, baked sweet potato, cauliflower poppers, green beans, apple slices w/ almond butter

Didn't sleep much last night.  Worried about my son & started with stomach pains myself around 5am so I didn't go to the gym today either.  Hoping this bug passes quickly through our house

We are at day 27!!  I cannot believe it!  This has been the fastest 30 days ever! 

Yesterday I stayed home with my sick son and the pre whole 30 Deb would have munched ALL day long, not because I was hungry but becuase I was bored!  The new whole 30 Deb stuck to the program...3 balanced meals:)  Huge step for me.  I am SO proud of myself. 

My meals yesterday

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, sausage patty, spinach, apple w/almond butter

M2:  baked chicken breast, sweet potato, spinach, apple w/almond butter

M3:  chicken sausage (cooked w/ coconut oil), sweet potato fries (baked), cauliflower poppers, spinach

Day 28 is here!  It is COLD and raining and I am supposed to run in a 10 mile race this afternoon....I may cut my losses on the race and run on the treadmill during that time instead.  I don't care to run in 35 degree rainy weather (don't want to be sick over the Christmas holiday. 

Yesterday, the weather was the same so we were inside the majority of the day

M1:  2 eggs, spicy jalepeno chicken sausage, spinach, apple w/ almond butter

M2:  baked chicken, baked sweet potato fries, spinach, apple w/ almond butter

M3:  red & green pepper chicken sausage, baked sweet potato fries, cauliflower poppers, apple w/ almond butter

Well, I wimped out of the 10 miler and did the 5K at the last minute.  It was pouring and 34 degrees when the 10 miler started.  It was a cold, wet run but I am glad I did it. 

M1:  2 eggs, chicken sausage, asparagus, banana w/almond butter

M2:  baked chicken, sweet potato fries, green beans

Pre race- 1/2 chicken breast, serving of cashews

Post race- grilled chicken strips (3), sweet potato fries

M3:  chicken sausage, cauliflower poppers, broccoli apple w/ almond butter

Debhimmelfarb you are doing amazing! :)

Sorry for being MIA again. I'm just exhausted. Seriously no tiger blood but I have no trouble getting up in the mornings to do my workouts.

Day 25

It was our team's Christmas lunch which the catering team accommodated so it was whole30 compliant for me! And it tasted wonderful and I didn't feel like I was missing out!

PreWO - soft boiled egg
M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach salad, coffee with almond milk
M2 - salmon and sweet potato tian with red pepper coulis, slow roasted buffalo with brussel sprouts and roasted root vegetables, and fruit salad 
M3 - pork medallions with sautéed kale and onions with sweet potato chips, handful of dried fruit 

1468814_10100300604808555_117128434_n.jp

Day 26

I am getting lazy. And I am wanting baked goods. All sorts. In my first whole30 I felt so great in the last days and I couldn't imagine eating any crap afterwards where now I am looking forward to indulging in a few things but still being compliant/paleo 80-90% of the time. But I guess it is the Christmas season...

We went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park today and I was amazed at all the unhealthy (albeit delicious) food being sold.  All the deep fried things, the alcohol, all the baked things covered in sugar... and while part of me wanted it, another part of me is happy to be on the whole30 and not eat any of it.

PreWO- soft boiled egg
M1 - scrambled eggs, bacon, burnt broccoli, banana
M2 - chicken and pepper skewers, salad, 14 cashew nuts and small handful of dried strawberries
M3 - salmon, sweet potato mash, sautéed kale, dried strawberries and cashew nuts 

Day 27

I felt lazy and exhausted today. Bleh. And I only did the core20 of TurboFire and not the stretch40. Oh well.

M1 - courgette fritters
M2 - eggs, prosciutto, sweet potato chips, sautéed kale, cashew nuts and dried fruit
M3 - courgette noodles, beef Bolognese, cashew nuts, dried fruit 

Day 28

I can't believe it is already day 28. It did not start off well as my 2yr old daughter was so moody this morning but I did end up being able to exercise which helped lighten my mood. We went to church and she was actually well behaved. We then went to a local Wetherspoon's pub for lunch and I found another menu item which was compliant.

The rest of the day was spent prepping for the week... Roast beef, Italian sausage and egg strata, breakfast casserole...

PreWO - egg cooked in ghee
M1 - grilled chicken thigh, scrambled egg, sautéed kale and a banana
M2 - skinny chicken breast burger with salad (I didn't eat the bun), cashew nuts and dried strawberries 
M3 - roast beef, sweet potato chips, roasted brussel sprouts, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

Two more days ... And then I can reintroduce and let loose a whee bit while still being 80% compliant.

Hello everyone (and to my fellow Brits :) )

I also started on November 11th. I had terrible bloating to start (some non-food related causes to this), which got a lot better after a couple of weeks. However, now the last few days it's returning after most meals. Background: I'm a coeliac, diagnosed about 1.5 years ago and been on super-strict GF diet since then, primal/paleo for over a year and DF for 6 months (sugar and dairy and cider crept in/up over the summer, hence Whole30).

Has anyone else had recurrence of bloating? Is this normal??

I'm not doing the AI protocol. I don't eat nuts, which I know can be an irritant. Lots of garlic and onions though.... could I  have developed a sensitivity to these over the course of a whole30??

Otherwise W30 going ok, better energy, tiny bit leaner etc.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Day 29

So... I spent a lot of today pondering what I would indulge in over the weekend. And the reason I spent so long thinking it over was because 1) I didn't want to go overboard and just get everything and 2) I wanted to make sure what I chose would be well worth it.

I am still undecided. But wine is definitely in the mix.

PreWO - hard boiled egg

M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach salad, coffee with almond milk

M2 - courgette noodles, beef Bolognese , cashew nuts and a banana

M3 - dried strawberries, Italian Sausage and Eggplant Strata (from #WellFed), sweet potato chips, sautéed kale

Ehbrown - where in the UK are you? As for the bloating, now that you mention it, I didn't feel any bloating until today and I have no idea why!

Archived