Derval

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello dear readers :)

8.30am - egg loaf

9.30am - Chalene Extreme Burn Circuit 1, pws roasted chicken thigh

11.45 - Americanno & macadamia nuts

2pm! - was out shopping & left it too long before having lunch - largely because I couldn't what I could get to eat in the centre/mall. By the time I ate I was woozy with hunger, not good. In the end I went to M&S deli and got 2 slices of porcetta, 2 bresola & a small portion of lemon & chill broccolli - €5.66 for that! but it was tasty, shame I had to eat it sitting in the car as I was running later to pick up daughter from playdate!

3pm - home again - apple & almond butter

5.30pm - made egg fu yung from well Fed but used red cabbage, it looked so pretty glistening with coconut oil !

13a4fa4ce56011e1a47b22000a1cf766_6.jpg

But does not make a pretty dish in the end - the colour in the cabbage "dyes" the egg a greeny grey colour - not very appetising, but it tasted fine :)

Followed by some lovely fresh pineapple & some coconut milk - picked up 2 cute retro dishes in charity shop earlier today :)

b8c0a7ece56511e1a58122000a1c91a3_6.jpg

So how much time do you spend in the kitchen every day? Making all those beautiful meals and taking pictures of them... do you have a trick? I can hardly seem to find time to do anything besides cook and clean up afterward. Is it just me?

Oh not long at all, lunch is usually something quick, I might spend 30 mins max preparing dinner....taking the photos takes 30 seconds:) I just snap a pic on my phone (instagram app) before eating.

It's the clean up afterward I have trouble with :wacko: but I'm working on it!

Evening all from sunny Dublin :)

8.30am - leftover funky coloured egg foo yung, small peach

exercise rest day

1pm - salad leaves, salad of avo, smoked salmon, celery & mayo. Red cabbage coleslaw.

bce45d08e60711e1ab431231380fbe1d_6.jpg

5.45pm - no pic, I forgot! zoodles & bolegnase, followed by small portion pineapple & coconut milk.

Hey Derval,

Thanks so much for your diligent posts! Gosh your food looks beautiful and creative! I also appreciate the bullets in your first post that outline some pretty important details that are all too easy to skip over during the Whole 30. Keep it up!

Hey Derval,

Thanks so much for your diligent posts! Gosh your food looks beautiful and creative! I also appreciate the bullets in your first post that outline some pretty important details that are all too easy to skip over during the Whole 30. Keep it up!

Thank you :) I am afraid to go back & read those bullet points because I am pretty sure I didn't do so good on any of them :ph34r:

I have book club tomorrow night and I really want a few glasses of vino with the girls. So tomorrow will be my last day of strict w30 making it a whole 25, that means since April I've done 30+21+25 = 76 days of squeaky clean out of 137 days.. and the other days haven't been too bad either :)

will update later again.

Some tasty eating today :)

9.45am! big sleepy morning! 7-8hr sleep? I like 10+ :)

2 "chippolata" sausages, breakfast mushroom topped with oven-roasted cherry tomatoes & fried egg, coffee w' c.milk

c16c60c2e6b711e1b9d422000a1e899d_6.jpg

Skipped workout to bring kids to a playcentre as it was pouring rain here.

12pm - Americanno & nak'd (like lara) bar - orange cocoa variety - way this tasted way too much like a chocolate bar, but I did enjoy it!

1pm - same lunch as yesterday, though my coleslaw tasted a bit funky so I had to dump what was left :(

5.45pm - thanks to TheRealAndra I tried this roast chicken recipe - delicous - the thyme was so fragrant, and the super salty skin was yummy! Made sweet potatoes rounds which I thought were delish but rest of family saif they preffered the skinny fry version. I also attempted to make zucchinni chips but they were a fail but made a fine veg side. I also made some balsamic onions this afternoon so had a spoon of them too..

46dc5f32e6f911e1ad6322000a1e89b2_6.jpg648345aee6fa11e18abf22000a1e9f9a_6.jpg

Followed by paleo desert for me & the kids. Lily & I had nectarine, banana, coconut milk & flakes, Alex had banana, sultanas & coconut milk..Who needs crappy ice-cream?!

Speaking of "sweets" for kids I made them ice pops by blending a can of coconut milk & one of pineapple - into moulds & ta-da!

671d0112e6fd11e19fa512313820475a_6.jpg

Now I'm hungry, and I just finished lunch! Your food today looks delicious!

12pm - Americanno & nak'd (like lara) bar - orange cocoa variety - way this tasted way too much like a chocolate bar, but I did enjoy it!

Those bars are a danger zone to me, they look and taste too much like candy bars even though the contents are Whole 30 approved... I'm afraid I'd be feeding my sugar addiction... sigh...

By the way, sure hope you're going to hang around here even if you're not eating strictly Whole 30 after tomorrow - I love reading your posts.

And enjoy that vino!

By the way, I just looked up that roast chicken recipe you linked to, and I'm going to try it on the farmer's market roaster sitting in my freezer! This weekend, perhaps... will take a couple of days to properly thaw the bird.

So let's see, in April I did a Whole30, in June/July I did a Whole 21 and from tomorrow I'm going to do a Whole28...which will bring me up to a friends wedding on the 18th August.

I got some great advice from Tom last time, which I was foolish enough not to implement, and I actually gained weight on my Whole21 :wacko: so I'm ready to bring it this time and really try & make some changes to how I interact with food.

• Fruit will not be a snack or desert, the only time I'm having it is as part of/end of a meal (this is going to be very hard for me). This will also cut out the lashings of almond butter transported on apple slices.
  • I will eat a proper post work out snack
  • I will drink water :ph34r:
  • I will limit my coconut milk to once a day - so either in my coffee or over post-dinner berries but not both.
  • I will eat veggies at every meal, including breakfast, and will follow the meal template.
  • No sneaky weigh-ins!
  • (eta) Meals at table! the interweb will still be there in 20 minutes.

I feel I'm being very Sunday night here...the whole "oh this week I'm going to be sooooo good"....crap I did for years but hey, it's Saturday :D

Starting the next 4 week phase of Chalean Extreme, Push, on Monday, so looking forward to 4 weeks of lifting heavy & optimum nutrition.

Well here I am on Day 25, the last day of my mini w30, and am blushing looking at my original goals. They were good goals, precise, attainable, did I stick to them ?, largely, no. :wacko:

• Fruit will not be a snack or desert, the only time I'm having it is as part of/end of a meal (this is going to be very hard for me). This will also cut out the lashings of almond butter transported on apple slices.

I suppose I didn't have quite as much as before, but I still had apple & almond butter many evenings, after wrtiting up my log (so it doesn't count, right?) and I had it more staright after a meal than in the hours in between so a partial success

• I will eat a proper post work out snack

YES! I did this one!

• I will drink water :ph34r:

Nope....not really, maybe a 500ml bottle of sparkling water every couple of days but other than that only when exercising.

• I will limit my coconut milk to once a day - so either in my coffee or over post-dinner berries but not both.

No, sorry, in fact I got worse adding c.milk to my morning coffee where I used to have it black!

• I will eat veggies at every meal, including breakfast, and will follow the meal template.

Some improvement here, I moved away from my boiled egg & apple brekky (ironically that's what I'm having this morning).

• No sneaky weigh-ins!

:ph34r: eh sorry...not too bad, maybe averaging once a week....Anyway I stayed off them all week till today, 127.2 this morning, starting weight was 126.8....but you know I'm more pissed at not meeting these goals than that half a pound. And I feel I look good so I don't really care about it anyway. I look the same if not better than when I was 120lbs after my first w30 last April.

• (eta) Meals at table! the interweb will still be there in 20 minutes.

Awful :o I just get bored & feel dumb sitting at the table on my own eating breakfast & lunch. I did it sometimes but not consistently.

So will update food log later and move over to post w30 logging tomorrow.

Derval - your food is so beautiful and yummy looking! Thanks for the pics. I have been wanting to try and make that coconut milk frozen treat - now I am just gonna have to.

Have an AWESOME day!

Thanks Faith :) fyi the ice-lollies were just for the kids, not for me, swypo imo, but it's a personal call of course.

So I reviewed my goals above but here's my food log for the day:

9am - crappy breakfast of boiled egg, apple & almond butter, coffee with c.m (god I can't write that it's just reminds me of cervical mucus from ttc days!) coconut milk!

1pm - yummy sweet potato fritters with added carmelised balsamic onions, 2 slices of fried prosciutto, oven roasted tomatoes

38e538b4e79811e1a2e022000a1cdc13_6.jpg

4pm - 1 slice of procsiotto & some gg sald (1 hb egg)

5.30pm - salad & bolegnase, followed by same desert as yesterday.

1f3a1f7ce7c711e19a9c22000a1e8b99_6.jpg

Off to winebook club this evening where I will definitely have some wine, if the cheese looks partic nice I will try some. I was going to have some parmesan on dinner but dithered over whether it was worth it or not.

Uuuuuuuurrrghhhhhh

Nursing a mug of peppermint tea here. I drank a lot :ph34r: - a bottle or more of red wine & fell in to bed at 1am.

I also re-introduced some dairy - a lovely mild soft goats cheese and a splash of milk in a mug of tea. I haven't had "normal" tea in an age and I loved it (especially half cut!).

Ray has day off & is out for a long run but when he gets back he's taking kids out to movies, looking fwd to the peace, my poor head.

Oh, your poor head! Yay for hubby taking the kids to movies :) .

My coconut aminos just arrived! Had a taste and I like them (it? never know if a singular or a plural for aminos!) Pleasantly surprised at the nice soy-similar taste! I know soy is a no-go but that doesn't stop me loving the taste and wishing I could have some so the coconut aminos hit the spot nicely!

Archived