Derval does it again

Derval

Prob just a plain and simple good old stir fry with chicken and loads of veggies! Was watching River Cottage one night and they were up at an allotment picking vegetables which they then cooked on a giant wok outdoors-they used more of a range than we used to use in our stir fry so since then we've been adding things like chopped green beans, spring onions and asparagus to the usual suspects of peppers, onions, garlic, broccoli, carrot, ginger, coriander. It was missing something without the tamari so am looking forward to adding the aminos!

Any other recommendations? What do you use them in?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Faith :) fyi the ice-lollies were just for the kids, not for me, swypo imo, but it's a personal call of course.

I don't know what swypo imo means but I am guessing that means it is not good for us. I guess the popsicles would be like eating the nut butters or Larabars and I can undeerstand that since they are all like treats.

It is good I have not had anything like that yet. I did have a tablespoon of almond butter once but that was it. I am glad you said something. I will stay away from that stuff.

Faith

I've used them for marinating beef for jerky , and in well feds egg foo yung and sunshine sauce.

Hope you're feeling better Derval, sounds like it was quite a time! We're marinating beef right now for jerky, also with coconut aminos. I think I used it in the bbq sauce as well!!

Do you go back to W30 now, or just going to fly by the seat of your pants for a while??

Have had a terrible day of killer headaches & vomitting, seems like my body is a temple & doesn't appreciate being treated like a frat house :wacko:

Feel ok now, but have a wedding to go to tomorrow, but I've been put off the drink by today I tell you!

I will take a w30 break now for a while, I've done 3 pretty close together....and just ride my own bike. I will start a bicycling log I think, I love documenting my meals :)

Thanks girls, and nice to see your pic Summergirl!

So the wedding was good, the meal was perfect for me as it a bbq buffet so I could pick & choose. So I got lots of salads & the most delicous beef, some marinated chicken, skipped the pasta & potato salads, various breads etc. The coleslaw pictured was left after a little taste - commercial coleslaw is gack whne you get used to homemade.

50d00f96e95d11e1abe622000a1e9520_6.jpg

The wedding cake was a cupcake tower but I resisted, even thought the baker is a good friend of mine, I hope she won't be offended that I didn't try one....

85a55ea6e9fd11e1b46022000a1cdf5e_6.jpg

I drank pretty moderately & had loads of water but still feel horrible today, probably due to lack of sleep more than anything. I was upset with dh and between mulling that over and my stomach feeling upset I was awake until 5.30am (got home at 1...) I hope an early night will set me straight....Can't really face food today, all I've had is a boiled egg and a cup of coffee with c'milk.

I'm looking forward to getting back to normal after all this hedonism! And starting my new post w30 log!

Derval you even set up your buffet plate pretty. Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you get to feeling better today.

That giant cupcake is hilarious! :lol: It looks like fun. Good for you not giving in. I am sure your friend will understand.

Sending you good healing vibes!

Faith

Archived