INCREDIBLE results and so proud of myself!!

JoDP

Whole 30 - 8 Week Challenge UPDATE:

I have always struggled with my weight as a child, going on diet after diet to lose the weight throughout my adolescence and into adulthood. I would lose weight, but then would gain it back, etc. (same ol' story, eh?)

When I had my twins 11 years ago, I gained over 90 lbs and my body chemistry went completely whacko. I struggled even more to lose the weight, not having much success at all. The doctor's response at the time was, "Your body doesn't know how to lose weight right now." But they never offered any solution or help. I had hypertension during the pregnancy and it never went away afterwards, so they put me on blood pressure medicine. Then, my glucose numbers elevated and thye diagnosed me as diabetic and put me on metformin. 

No matter what I tried on my own, nothing really worked. I was fearful to never be able to lose weight and would die an early death because of it.

Then, back in May 2013, I read the book, It Starts with Food and it changed my WORLD! I learned the WHY my body struggled with losing weight and why I was feeling the way I did. Not only did it give me the information, but the science (in understandable terms) behind it. And, what to do about it!!

I started changing my eating then and felt immediate improvements in my energy and mental outlook. 

I began my first Whole 30 during an 8 wk challenge a friend of mine told me about. I ended the week before Thanksgiving. I got my blood work done the last day of the challenge. I also began doing Crossfit in June for increased exercise and have come to love it.

Within 15 days of the Whole 30 challenge, I was taken off my blood pressure medicine because my blood pressure was 110/52 without my medication, which was a HUGE and welcomed surprise. About a week after that, I decided to take myself off of the metformin (without doctor's suggestion), which I had been taking for diabetes.

So, here are the results...

Since May (only 6 short months - when I first changed my eating habits):

Weight loss - 30 lbs

Down from size 24/26 to 18

Cholesterol is down by 42 points and is well under 200!!

Triglycerides are down 105 points - down to 94!

A1C (3mo avg of blood sugar) is 5.5 down from 6.4 and in NORMAL range without meds!!!

My doctor was THRILLED and has even removed my diabetes and hypertension diagnosis from my chart!! WOO HOO!!! 

I am BEYOND ecstatic! Eating whole foods, eliminating processed foods and getting the body moving WORKS!! It REALLY matters what you put into your body. I am forever an advocate for healthy eating. 

I am thankful to EVERYONE who has been incredibly supportive. I hope that my example can be an encouragement for others, as well. 

post-32228-0-95609600-1386274639_thumb.j

Awesome! What fantastic results! Doing a "happy dance" for you - yippee!

Thank you, Chris - been doing the "happy dance" all day! ;-)  I am so grateful for the program, the support and getting my health back!!

Whole 30 - 8 Week Challenge UPDATE:

I have always struggled with my weight as a child, going on diet after diet to lose the weight throughout my adolescence and into adulthood. I would lose weight, but then would gain it back, etc. (same ol' story, eh?)

When I had my twins 11 years ago, I gained over 90 lbs and my body chemistry went completely whacko. I struggled even more to lose the weight, not having much success at all. The doctor's response at the time was, "Your body doesn't know how to lose weight right now." But they never offered any solution or help. I had hypertension during the pregnancy and it never went away afterwards, so they put me on blood pressure medicine. Then, my glucose numbers elevated and thye diagnosed me as diabetic and put me on metformin. 

No matter what I tried on my own, nothing really worked. I was fearful to never be able to lose weight and would die an early death because of it.

Then, back in May 2013, I read the book, It Starts with Food and it changed my WORLD! I learned the WHY my body struggled with losing weight and why I was feeling the way I did. Not only did it give me the information, but the science (in understandable terms) behind it. And, what to do about it!!

I started changing my eating then and felt immediate improvements in my energy and mental outlook. 

I began my first Whole 30 during an 8 wk challenge a friend of mine told me about. I ended the week before Thanksgiving. I got my blood work done the last day of the challenge. I also began doing Crossfit in June for increased exercise and have come to love it.

Within 15 days of the Whole 30 challenge, I was taken off my blood pressure medicine because my blood pressure was 110/52 without my medication, which was a HUGE and welcomed surprise. About a week after that, I decided to take myself off of the metformin (without doctor's suggestion), which I had been taking for diabetes.

So, here are the results...

Since May (only 6 short months - when I first changed my eating habits):

Weight loss - 30 lbs
Down from size 24/26 to 18
Cholesterol is down by 42 points and is well under 200!!
Triglycerides are down 105 points - down to 94!
A1C (3mo avg of blood sugar) is 5.5 down from 6.4 and in NORMAL range without meds!!!

My doctor was THRILLED and has even removed my diabetes and hypertension diagnosis from my chart!! WOO HOO!!! 

I am BEYOND ecstatic! Eating whole foods, eliminating processed foods and getting the body moving WORKS!! It REALLY matters what you put into your body. I am forever an advocate for healthy eating. 

I am thankful to EVERYONE who has been incredibly supportive. I hope that my example can be an encouragement for others, as well. 

Your MDs should really take these results to heart and think about what they advocate to their other patients.  It might not work this well or be appropriate for everybody, but honestly the Whole30 isn't dangerous (30 days???) so why not offer it up to everyone as a way to take some control of what probably feels like an uncontrollable situation?  I can only imagine how wonderful and secure you feel!!!!

I'm actually crying here.  I had twins ten years ago, and while I lost the weight, I kept the high blood pressure and all sorts of other bad stuff.  I know how miraculous Whole30 is and I'm so happy another twin mama feels it too.  :wub: :wub:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived