use before date on homemade condiments

Elsa

I have just started the whole30 diet and made a few condiments such as mayo and dressing.

How many days in a sealed container in the fridge will the condiments last?

It's the whole raw egg thing I'm concerned about....

Cheers 

It's the whole raw egg thing I'm concerned about....

If you are worried, record the use by date from the egg you used. Mayo should actually be good longer (the acid preserves it), but the date from your egg carton would be a good conservative date to use. If you want it to last longer, you can culture it a bit by leaving it out on the counter for a few hours after you make it. I know, it sounds counter-intuitive, but check out Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions for instructions for this. Fermented foods FTW!

Thank you MissMary

I tend to buy local eggs from a farmer outby but that gives me an idea. I will look her up.

I was worried the mayo would stay in the fridge all week, but on day 3 and using it to make dressings it is already near finished!! 

I NEVER have a batch of mayo last a week--3 days, maybe 4 if I am lucky. I use it for salad dressing, egg/chicken/or tuna salad, dips, and even off a spoon! My son loves to eat my mayo off the spoon (he is 2.5) and loves to help make it too. I can't imagine ever going back to store bought mayo. 

Archived