Ketchup Recipe

Please help!!!

My family is on day 1 of Whole30. I have been searching for a good ketchup recipe. We ate lots of ketchup before starting the Whole30. The only one's I've found have a ton of ingredients and several of them I'm not familiar with. Anyone out there with a simple but great tasting ketchup recipe??? I would greatly appreciate it!

I have had the Well Fed 2 version, it is good and simple.  I would also say try that in a pinch ( I used it only for meatloaf).  Ketchup has a lot of sugar in it and it may be a good thing to try and wean everyone off of eating so much of this condiment.  ?? 

I agree. We shouldn't be consuming so much of the sugary ketchup. We aren't using the regular now while on the Whole 30. I was just looking for an alternative to use now. Trying to wean our kids off of it. We have three ages 2, 4 & 6 years. They love dipping everything in it. And I don't have the well fed cookbook. :( 

The WF ketchup is good, but it doesn't taste like Heinz - it has some spices (cloves for one, can't remember the others) and isn't nearly as sweet as "regular" ketchup. So your kids may not like it anyway, though it's definitely worth making! What about some kind of dip or sauce based on homemade mayo?

If you can swing it, both Well Fed cookbooks are really great to have - almost all the recipes in them are W30-approved (and the ones that aren't are clearly marked). And neither is expensive - $20 or less. I relied a lot on those for my first Whole30 - right now I'm also cooking a ton out of the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook, which is also awesome. She has kids around your older kids' ages, so her blog might be a great resource in general for you!

Archived