2nd Whole30, much easier!

Jenn35

I know that this forum functions to be a place for a lot of problem solving, but I wanted to reach out to anyone who is doing a 2nd Whole30 right now.  

-----It's so much easier this time!------

I'm on Day 4, and while I know I'm not even in the thick of it yet, I feel really good. I had a minor headache on days 1-3, along with a drop in energy, but I'm already feeling in control of my sugar dragon.  Last night, I hosted a weekly potluck with my friends and didn't stray from Whole30 approved foods. Even with a great dessert provided. I just filled my water glass and kept the conversation going. I wasn't even hungry for it. 

Anyways, I'm just excited that I don't feel like I'm dying this time. When I did my first Whole30, it was the first time I'd stopped drinking Diet Coke (1-2 cans per day). I had maybe ~8 Diet Cokes during all of 2013, and I'd call that successful!  If this proves anything, it's that doing my first Whole30 changed my relationship with food. Even though I know this Whole30 is going to get harder, I must have cut out a lot of crap to be doing so well right now. 

I am on day two of my second Whole30 - so far so good, but it's early yet. My first one wasn't bad after the first week, but man - that sugar withdrawal was rough. I'm fearing it this time because I was most definitely not good over the holidays.

Archived