Starting January 14th.

Lara

Hello,  my friend and I are starting today also.  I attempted to try last week...but ended up starting again today to be able to start with a buddy.  The support helps.  I fell off the wagon in December and I am feeling it for sure.  I feel my best when I stay whole.  The holidays were just tough.  This site is great for me because it motivates me and I find new things to eat and drink all the time!  So happy journey!

Gracie

Starting the Whole30 again today. The last two days have been filled with all of the things I cannot eat on the Whole30. Thought I'd get the wanting of them out of my system. It sure is hard to face steamed kale and eggs in the morning when my stomach is feeling rumbly and grumbly from all of those unhealthy carbohydrates I ate! But, I'm determined to do this. My refrigerator is stocked with compliant foods, as I spent most of Saturday doing a cook-up. I'm ready once again.

Off to Jazzercise now. It's another beautiful, sunny and warm day on the north end of the Monterey Bay coast.We desperately need rain, but I'm going to enjoy whatever the good Lord gives me! A walk on the beach is in order for today!

Its a snow day here in Guelph, Ontario! Makes you want to bundle up and have 'comfort' foods! So very jealous you are near water and can walk on the beach.

In the last two days I have switched to drinking black coffee (usually have milk). It's not terrible and actually getting used to it!

Sitting here at work, on my lunch eating spinach salad W/O cheese which is hard for me...I miss goat cheese already...lol 

Cooking up Tilapia tonight with roasted veggies and using chili/lime...Excited to experiment!

Well, yesterday wasn't so good for me. I'm afraid I ate a lot of non-compliant foods. :wacko:  I have binge eating disorder (disease :( ) and am not sure if a strict plan like the Whole30 is going to work for me. Without working a Twelve-Step program (Overeaters Anonymous) with a sponsor, my food plans get pretty crazy. But, I'm getting in touch with my sponsor today and am going to try and stay Whole30 clean : :)

In OA we talk a lot about trigger foods and foods that make us crazy. You know, the foods where one bite is too much and one hundred bites is not enough. We know what they are: carbohydrate foods! And we're not talking fruits and vegetables here! So, by eliminating those trigger foods, we are able to stay calm and serene with our food. One day at a time. It all goes together.

So, here's to a clean day with compliant foods!

Tilapia sounds lovely, Shanna. I hope your day went better than mine yesterday! Maybe it's all the sun we've been getting here in CA. We need rain desperately.

I'll be checking in later. :)

Well, yesterday wasn't so good for me. I'm afraid I ate a lot of non-compliant foods. :wacko:  I have binge eating disorder (disease :( ) and am not sure if a strict plan like the Whole30 is going to work for me. Without working a Twelve-Step program (Overeaters Anonymous) with a sponsor, my food plans get pretty crazy. But, I'm getting in touch with my sponsor today and am going to try and stay Whole30 clean : :)

In OA we talk a lot about trigger foods and foods that make us crazy. You know, the foods where one bite is too much and one hundred bites is not enough. We know what they are: carbohydrate foods! And we're not talking fruits and vegetables here! So, by eliminating those trigger foods, we are able to stay calm and serene with our food. One day at a time. It all goes together.

So, here's to a clean day with compliant foods!

Tilapia sounds lovely, Shanna. I hope your day went better than mine yesterday! Maybe it's all the sun we've been getting here in CA. We need rain desperately.

I'll be checking in later. :)

Hi Lara,

How did you do yesterday?  This is my 4th day and not without its temptations.  I dont normally eat chocolate and I have been craving it.

:(   

I wanted to wish you a great day today.  One day at a time. 

I hope this is encouraging for you. I've struggled with binge eating and sneaky food my entire life (never diagnosed or anything but definitely a problem). W30/Paleo has pretty much removed the need to binge for me. I definitely know what my foods with no brakes are and I've found that getting in touch with my natural hunger cues and moving my focus from food being a moral choice (I was good today/bad today thinking) to a health choice (that choice will make me more or less healthy but will have no affect on my worth as a human being) has been mind blowing for me. These are all things the W30 tries to help you with.

My suggestions. Follow the template closely and give it the full 30 days. Focus on the foods you can have not the ones you can't have. See if you can find a buddy. And start a log in the Your Whole 30 section and share what you are eating so you can get feedback.

You CAN do this and it CAN help if you let the program change you.

Hello Everyone,

Today is Day Two for me, and the day's just about over. I'm going to eat my delicious compliant dinner and spend some time with Netflix. Husband is at a meeting tonight, so I have a little alone time. Nice. I've been teaching music lessons all day and am ready for some relaxation!

Doing Day 3! Went to 2 Jazzercise classes this morning. Yes, I have that much energy! Feels good. Am about to eat my second meal of the day. The first consisted of: Steamed kale, carmelized onions, roasted peppers & carrots, 1 egg, and 1 tsp ghee, and an orange  I had coconut milk in my coffee. Very satisfying!

Lunch will be: Steamed Filet of Sole, salad with avocado, red peppers, tomato, and cucumber. Olive oil  & vinegar dressing. Time to eat!

Lara

Lara,

I am so glad you mentioned OA...I am returning tomorrow. I went back and read some of your original posts...we are very similar. As I just wrote to another W30 member...this food thing ISN'T a matter of  intelligence. You may already know about this BUT the OA website has a sample of Lifeline in a PDF. I have just started reading it...as they say it's a meeting on the go. Glad you have a sponsor...I am hoping to get one tomorrow...AND eventually be a sponsor!!!

Please keep in touch...progress NOT perfection!!  :D

Grandma Carolyn   

Good Morning! It's Day 4 for me and I'm so happy to have made it to this day! I talked with my sponsor yesterday and she supports what I'm doing whole-heartedly. I'm going to be posting my meals here now, too, so there will be complete honesty with myself and our "little" Whole30 community. So here is my food plan for today:

Meal 1: Steamed kale, roasted red peppers and carrots, carmelized onions braised in a bit of coconut oil, 2 eggs, 1/4 Asian pear (they're huge!), coconut milk in my coffee.

Meal 2: Big salad: lettuce, red peppers, pickled beets, celery, carrots, 1/4 avocado, olive oil & apple cider vinegar dressing, chicken breast, 1/2 apple slices with cinnamon

Meal 3: Jicama home fries, Paleo Waldorf Tuna Salad (from NomNomPaleo)

Now to stick to my plan! I'm meeting with my daughters and a friend tonight and there will be food there. I'm going to bring my dinner with extra to share. We're going to Italy in April and are meeting to do some planning! My daughters gave me a trip to Italy for my 60th birthday! I am so blessed and grateful.

On gratitude: "Counting my blessings" is such a cliché, but it needs to be the first thing I turn to when I start feeling grumpy and deprived. I have so much. Just the fact that I can make a food "plan" and know that it's not a food "dream," as so many people in this world may have because of hunger and true deprivation. What a blessing that we have so much food that we can pick and choose!

I'm also grateful for the support of this Whole30 community. The moderators are kind, helpful, and respond quickly when there is a need. I love that! I love the humor that we share (I'm thinking of Kelly with her children and sticky fingers!).

And now it's time to fix breakfast. My husband's favorite breakfast is a bowl of berries with uncooked oats soaked in soy milk and some ground flax seeds. Mine is what I wrote above. I truly look forward to eating those vegetables mixed with the barely cooked egg yolks, coconut oil and coconut aminos. It's very delicious and satisfying.

I'll check in later. :)

~Lara

Archived