Breakfast Feedback

Hi!

I am on Day 13, feeling great and not looking back! I was hoping to get some feedback on my breakfast. I feel satisfied and don't have the urge to snack but feel a little iffy about breakfast (not a ton of veggies), but included what I generally eat. I am not super crazy about eggs either, but open to ideas :)

Breakfast:

- one & half links of chicken and apple sausage cooked in coconut oil (Aaaa-mazing, by the way)

- whole baked sweet potato

- coffee

- 1 cup of coconut milk

Lunch:

- 3 to 4 cups of roasted veggies (either in coconut oil or clarified butter)

- serving of pulled pork or shredded chicken

Dinner:

- serving of meat or fish

- spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice with lots of spices 

- 3 to 4 cups of roasted veggies (different from lunch)

Sometimes after dinner, I will have a kiwi or a serving of pineapple but have been trying to avoid triggering my sweet tooth with fruit.

Thanks for reading!

How do you feel about soup for breakfast to get some veg in?   I know soup sounds totally weird to a lot of people and  my husband was totally against the idea till he tried the ginger zucchini soup from theclothesmakethegirl.  (I used to live in Japan and had miso soup for breakfast every morning, so not such a leap for me)

Also 1 1/2 sausage links doesn't seem like much protein.

(I'd cut your portions of sweet potato and coconut milk down a bit to fit other foods in)

I am having trouble with b'fast to.  I just started (only on day two), but had to throw my b'fast out this morning and now I'm sitting here wondering what I can eat.  

I have searched all over the forums for the past 5 nights trying to figure that first meal out as I knew it would be hard for me, but I haven't found much.  Soup I'm totally open to and think that might be my solution!  But it's the veggies I'm having trouble with.  I love veggies, almost every kind prepared in almost any way.  But first thing in the morning I just can't stomach them - and it takes a LOT for me to gag! 

Besides an omelet (which I choked down yesterday), how do I get enough veg (if my goal is to hide it at this point in the day)?  And I'm an average to large woman, meaning I can put a lot of food away.  I was thinking 2-3c of veg. at every meal.  Is that an accurate assumption?  Could I do less at this meal?  I really do believe in having a great b'fast, but I'm stumped.

I am having trouble with b'fast to.  I just started (only on day two), but had to throw my b'fast out this morning and now I'm sitting here wondering what I can eat.  

I have searched all over the forums for the past 5 nights trying to figure that first meal out as I knew it would be hard for me, but I haven't found much.  Soup I'm totally open to and think that might be my solution!  But it's the veggies I'm having trouble with.  I love veggies, almost every kind prepared in almost any way.  But first thing in the morning I just can't stomach them - and it takes a LOT for me to gag! 

Besides an omelet (which I choked down yesterday), how do I get enough veg (if my goal is to hide it at this point in the day)?  And I'm an average to large woman, meaning I can put a lot of food away.  I was thinking 2-3c of veg. at every meal.  Is that an accurate assumption?  Could I do less at this meal?  I really do believe in having a great b'fast, but I'm stumped.

In general, don't think of your first meal as breakfast, think of it as meal 1. That opens you up to all sorts of possibilities of things to eat: leftovers, soups, meatloaf, etc.

The easiest way to search the forum is via Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever your're looking for, and if it's here you will get the appropriate links.

Here's some past threads on various breakfast ideas without eggs (and yes, 2-3 cups of veg per meal is a good goal):

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/8697-help-other-breakfast-ideas-non-eggs/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/6774-non-egg-breakfast/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/1834-breakfast-ideas-without-eggs/

Thanks, GFChris.  I have no problem eating reg. food first thing in the morning, I have always done that.  I'm just having a hard time rolling out of bed and eating a large amount of veggies.  And if I waited until I had another opportunity it would be 2 1/2 hrs. after I woke up before I could eat.  Is it a hard and fast rule to not drink caffeine before you eat meal #1, or would I be better served getting everyone out the door and then eating (what I used to do).

These were very helpful links, BTW, thank you!  I also made a yellow curry tonight and think it will be GREAT in the morning!

Adding veg at breakfast was tricky for me at first too but then I started making hash with squash, sweet potato, or another root veg plus onion and a little apple. I put that on top of a big pile of arugula that I dress with just a squeeze of lemon and some S&P.  Add two fried eggs and some turkey, chicken, or pork sausage.  We call it breakfast salad but its much more savory than salad-y.  My husband and I much prefer this over a scramble with veggies. 

Thanks, GFChris.  I have no problem eating reg. food first thing in the morning, I have always done that.  I'm just having a hard time rolling out of bed and eating a large amount of veggies.  And if I waited until I had another opportunity it would be 2 1/2 hrs. after I woke up before I could eat.  Is it a hard and fast rule to not drink caffeine before you eat meal #1, or would I be better served getting everyone out the door and then eating (what I used to do).

These were very helpful links, BTW, thank you!  I also made a yellow curry tonight and think it will be GREAT in the morning!

On the coffee, it's an appetite suppressant. That's why the guidance is to eat before you drink your coffee.

Archived