NRitchie77 Whole 30

Nritchie77

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 18 2/14:

Happy Valentines day.  It got too late so we ended up not going to sushi last night... So we had left overs instead :)  I was still a little groggy this morning, got up at 5:30 am because I had a job interview...Didn't want to get up but I did and I'm starting to feel better, way better than I felt yesterday.  I'm sooooo proud of my hubby he got me flowers and a big box of seaweed for Valentines Day instead of chocolate.  HOW INCREDIBLY THOUGHTFUL IS HE!   He also got me tickets to go see Tool...Best ever! Oh and my interview went great!

Meal 1:  3 scrambled eggs.  I know i didn't have any veggies 

Meal 2:  chocolate chili w/2.5 cups of veggies.

Not sure what is going on with the website, but it's been down the last two nights.

Meal 3:  Husband made steak & shrimp for me for valentines :)  

The last two nights I have been cutting up 2 sweet potato's and eating them, but I also haven't exercised the last two days.  Should I not do this if I want to lose weight?

I would say focus on getting your energy stable first, however eating 2 sweet potatoes at one meal is probably a bit much, is that what you are doing?

Day 19 2/15:

I tossed and turned last night pretty bad, woke up at 7AM and felt rested.  Created my meal plan for next week than drove out to Sprouts, costco, and savemart to do my shopping for the week.  I will be working all next week so I am trying to get everything planned out to be prepared.  

Meal 1: 3 eggs w/2cups spinach chopped up - This really gave filled me up and I noticed that I had energy until lunch.  I was pretty far from home doing my shopping until 3:45 and I didn't fell my sugar drop like normal or feel dizzy or starving.  I was good till lunch!

Meal 2:  The rest of my chocolate chili w/green beans and a handful of grapes.

Meal 3:  Lemon and garlic pork loin w/asparagus and brussel sprout crips.

Here is my Week 4 Meal plan/Goal.  My goal is to stay on this 100% This is basically what I have been making for myself every week but posting it daily.  I figure this will be easier for me and than I can post daily how I did and if I ate other things.  I will be trying not to snack in between and I am going to make it a goal AGAIN to get my butt to the gym and to not be afraid to eat my PWO meal!!!!  

MONDAY

3 egg omelet w/spinach & Sauerkraut  @ 6:00A

L/O Kalua wrapped in Butter lettuce. @ 12P

Thyme Braised Short Ribs (WF) w/broccoli  7:30P

4:30P C.F

Turkey Jerky w/Sweet Potato Chips (1) @ 5:45P

TUESDAY

L/O Ribs wrapped in Butter Lettuce @ 12P

Mahi Mahi w/ gingered carrots (RW) 7:30P

WEDNESDAY

If enough L/O;

If not, 2 Chicken Breast w/Kale crisps @ 12P

Collard quiche w/sweet potato crust  (Ladies only forum)

5:00A RIPPED (D)

3 egg whites w/Pumpkin @ 6:15A

THURSDAY

L/O @ 12P

Damn Fine Chicken W/thighs & Caulf,Parsnip,Carrot Puree & baby Kale (NNP)

5:00 A Ripped (M)

FRIDAY

3 egg omelet w/spinach@ 6:00A

L/O @ 12P

Pork Stew (NNP) w/broccoli & Summer Squash

SATURDAY

Coconut Milk Frittata (RW) @ 7:30A

L/O @ 12P

Grilled Lamb Chops (RW) w/ Garlic Mash (WF)

Run 6 miles @ 6:00 A

Emergency Protein (NNP)

@ 6:15A

SUNDAY

Crustless Quich (RW)@ 7:30A

L/O @ 12P

Feona's Green Chicken (NNP) w/Kale & Gingered Carrots

Elliptical @ 6:00A

It's only egg and zucchini?  I was looking at them the same way I look at a zoodle?  Can I have zoodles or no?  

Nevermind GFChris- I just read the Whole30 Can I Have Guide write up on Pancakes.  Dang... I liked them too.... OK no more zucchini stacks.  I liked them because it was fast and easy and gave me the perfect amount of protein/veggies not because I looked at it as a pancake.  I don't even like pancakes in real life.  But rules are rules and the only way this works is if we follow them.  And I've came to far to start bending them now!  Thank you for letting me know :)

I can't believe I'm on day 16!  I've never made it this far with any diet with out cheating.... This has been good for my soul as well as my body!  I do appreciate all the support I've been getting... I seriously don't think I would have made it this far without this Forum!  It helps with accountability, support, and tough love!!!!

Wait, if it's just zucchini and egg, how is that different than a zucchini omelette or frittata?   

Wait, if it's just zucchini and egg, how is that different than a zucchini omelette or frittata?   

Omelettes and frittatas are fine on a Whole30. Pancakes are against the rules. Remember, it's about changing your relationship with food. 

Day 23 Feb 19:

This week is smooth sailing.  I'm a little tired this afternoon, but I have definitely gotten a taste of Tiger Blood!  My pants are fitting much better (loose), my head is clear, my energy levels are high, my work out this week was strong.  My cravings are minimizing, I'm feeling full, I'm sleeping better.  I feel like when I do set my alarm to get up (even though I'm still shutting it off and resetting it for a later time) that I could stay up if I wanted.  I am making a more realistic goal for this.  Every morning I am setting my alarm 15 minutes earlier.  This morning I got up at 6:00 AM and felt good.  

I am staying on my above listed food plan to a tee this week...I feel good, but don't yet feel the 100% fill of what everyone is talking about.  I started feeling the positives later than the timeline suggests.  I have done a great deal of yo yo dieting and because of that I threw my system out  of whack!  At this point I only have 7 days left, so I have made a commitment to make this a Whole45 because I am not sure I will feel FANTASTIC in 7 days.  I feel like my body needs more time! This is a lifestyle change for me not another diet so I owe to my body to continue on. Heck it may even turn into a Whole60 I will reevaluate how I am feeling on day 40. 

I have had my ups and downs. Today is a down day for me I snacked on fruit more today than normal . The last two days I have not slept through the night I started waking up again. But I have been getting up 15 minutes earlier every morning which is a plus. My energy is stable so that's good too. Still need to keep going still focused on a whole 45

Well today is Day 30 for me!!!  

I don't know what I did wrong, because I followed it to a "T"  I weighed myself this morning and I GAINED 7 pounds... My sleep habits never changed, I'm still getting up at 7:30 AM... I even started going to bed at 8:45-9:00 PM.  I covered every ounce of light in my bedroom and still get up once a night!  I'm still super lethargic and just yesterday I choked on my food again (acid reflux episode; I use to do it all the time... I thought it was gone and then bam it happened again yesterday).  I don't have the energy to do my workouts.  

Here were my goals:

1) lose 10 pounds

2) sleep throughout the night

3) wake up at 4:45 rise and shine

4) wrist pain to stop

5) acid reflux to stop 

6) happier moods 

7) better concentration

8) stop snacking

9) work out 6x's a week

10) energy levels to be out of control good! 

Here are my results

1) gained 7 pounds

2) Still wake up once or twice during the night

3) Still waking up at 7:30 AM

4) wrist pain stopped completly

5) had 2 episodes of my acid reflux one just yesterday

6) my moods are still up and down like a roller coaster

7) didn't notice any change in my concentration; still feeling ADHD

8) I kept snacking on apple, Kale, and sweet potato chips (my fault I know)

9) Had the energy to workout 1 time a week.  I think one week I did 3 times and felt good but than got too tired/lazy to keep going

10) My energy levels are slim to none most of the time.  I think I felt 3 days of the tiger blood and I'm not even sure thats what I was feeling, than it went away and I was back to feeling the same way??????

HELP

Archived