whould this still be good to eat?

KathyV

I just took out  some  frozen coconut cream and I noticed was that it had a "grainy" appearance.  Is that normal and will it still be good.  Maybe I should not of done that.  If that is a normal look for it, how do I get it to look  creamy like it was before I froze it?

any suggestion?

I freeze it frequently because I often use about half a can for curries.  I have only defrosted it for cooking, not for drinking.  I'd imagine a trip through a blender might give it a creamy consistency.

I am thinking of switching to coconut cream in a jar instead of coconut milk.  It is more pure and stays pretty happy in it's jar in my cupboard.  I think about a 1 to 4 ratio of cream to water is needed to substitute for milk.  Maybe that will work for you in the future.

Tom:  Thank you, I hope it is good.....stuff is not cheap!

Nico:  I buy Aroy-D cream and milk in the box.  It is 100% pure and when I do open it, I transfer it to a glass jar.  But the cream comes in a larger size than the milk that is why I put half of it in the freezer and the other stayed for a about 3 wks in the frig. before it went bad.  I do love the taste of the cream and thank you for the ratio  I may have to use that.

Arroy-D has milk in the large containers as well.  The label says it only stays good for 2 days (there are no preservatives,) but I have kept mine for 9 with no problems.

Tom:  Thank you, I hope it is good.....stuff is not cheap!

Nico:  I buy Aroy-D cream and milk in the box.  It is 100% pure and when I do open it, I transfer it to a glass jar.  But the cream comes in a larger size than the milk that is why I put half of it in the freezer and the other stayed for a about 3 wks in the frig. before it went bad.  I do love the taste of the cream and thank you for the ratio  I may have to use that.

Archived