Mini-Fridge and Microwave

Kelly79

I had planned to extend my Whole 30 for as long as possible.   I will officially be done with the 30 day challenge before my upcoming vacation.    However, I wanted to plan out some of my meals on my vacation so I can stay as close to plan while I'm gone.   

I'll be staying in a timeshare that has a Mini-Fridge and a Microwave.   I'm hoping to come up with ideas for a week of Breakfasts and Lunches.   I have some dried fruit and jerky I can bring, but does anyone else have ideas?   How creative has anyone gotten with limited resources?

Here's an article on what to pack in a Whole30 cooler - should give you some more ideas. http://whole9life.com/2011/07/whats-in-your-cooler/

In addition, I'm thinking bagged veggies that you can steam in the microwave.  You can also whisk eggs and then cook them in the microwave. You can also microwave sweet potatoes.

Last summer, I stayed in a hotel that had a fridge and a microwave in the room.  

- I made this meatloaf ahead of time, brought it with me, and heated up slices for lunches. http://paleomg.com/paleo-savory-sweet-potato-meatloaf/

- I hard boiled a dozen eggs ahead of time and brought those.
- I also brought along a paleo zucchini bread and banana bread (I was post-Whole30 at the time).

- Brought macadamia nuts and yes, Larabars :ph34r: (again, I was post Whole30)

I didn't do it for a week, but did 3 days with just a minifridge. I premade and packed breakfasts of HB eggs, massaged kale salad and a sw potato.  Lunches were tuna salad with carrot and celery sticks for dipping.  I wasn't on W30, so did my best eating out for dinner, but could have easily just brought more of those breakfasts and lunches to eat for dinner. 

Good luck!

Archived