HELP! Forgot lunch at home!

Does the Whole Foods close to you have a hot bar? The one by me does, and they would probably have something. They would be more likely to know what ingredients went in everything, too.

Most groceries do have hardboiled eggs, I would just make sure to check they aren't putting any weird preservatives in there. They might also have some deli meat that you could have sliced that would be compliant - I have seen a lot of people saying that sometimes applegate's deli meat that is sliced freshly at the deli is compliant even when the packaged stuff isn't (but I would still ask).

I think your ideas are awesome though. :)

There might be a salad bar in either store. Then you could get a nice variety of veggies. Maybe olives? Oh, and tuna, if you can find compliant with a pop top tab that you don't need a can opener for (unless you happen to keep a can opener in your desk).

Hmm...there is a Whole Foods not too far away.  Otherwise we have a high end grocery store which may have something?  I was thinking picking up some nuts and pre-cut veggies and check to see if they make hardboiled eggs.  

Sometimes they have boiled eggs in the salad bar section of the store. You could pick up olive oil and leave it in your office for such moments and put it on spinach or salad greens...

Salad bar.  I got spinach, strawberris, compliant sunflower seeds, compliant turkey (I asked!), olive oil dressing, HB eggs, and I added some coconut flakes!  Feeling very proud of myself.  When I was on "diets" in the past I DEFINITELY would have said...Eff this.  I might as well go get (jimmy johns, mcdonalds, subway, donuts, etc etc)  

The salad was so good I kind of want to go everyday! And it was only $4! Win, win, win...

Thanks everyone!

I didn't go to Whole Foods...Also, I had weight loss surgery last spring so my stomach can only fit 3oz.  I have to do mini meals throughout the day to get all of my nutrients in (yes, a protein and a fat).  AND I have to be very selective on what goes in there, as it is so small! I tend to be able to fit more turkey and fish vs. beef at a meal so I opt for that.  :)

Archived