What to do with a turkey breast?

klk7806

I am on day 7 of my first Whole30, so over the weekend I was trying to plan ahead for the week and I cooked a whole turkey breast. It turned out a little dry. Any ideas of what to do with it now??

I have a 4 year old and our household runs on a crazy schedule with my husband working a rotating call schedule, so I am looking for ideas that a quick, easy and something that is good to reheat at any hour of the day or night.

• Moderators

Turkey salad -- think chicken salad, only maybe with dried cranberries (sugar free of course) and mayo and celery and onion? Or with whatever things you like in a chicken salad, they should be pretty interchangeable.

If you're planning on having a salad one day, maybe if you mix the salad dressing with the turkey (chopped up in bite-size pieces) a few hours beforehand, then mix the turkey and the salad dressing with the salad, it wouldn't seem so dry because it would've absorbed some of the salad dressing?

I find that making a chimichurri or mayo-based sauce, like remoulade or ranch, for dunking helps any dry meat! You could also make soup with it - compliant broth + vegetables, add a fat on the side. Make a turkey salad with it like you would with chicken. Add it to a sweet potato vegetable hash in the mornings (I love mine with poached eggs on top).

• Moderators

Cut turkey into small pieces and add to a sauce pan. Add a small can of mild green chilies cut into small pieces. Add a few button mushrooms cut into small pieces. Add a can of coconut milk. Heat everything up and you have a nice Thai soup. You can add one or two cups of chicken broth if you have it to make the soup more chicken flavored, but I can eat it either way.

Try heating slices in a covered saucepan with some broth - I haven't tried it with turkey, but I've had success with that method with beef. 

Also, I like leftover turkey cold with reheated sweet potatoes for breakfast, or wrapped in a lettuce leaf with mayo and avocado for lunch. 

Archived