Question --- Fruit

I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I started my first Whole30 on January 29th, 2014. So far I think it's going pretty well. I'm actually doing this with my daughter. She's the one that found out about the Whole30. We are on our 10th day and I'm feeling pretty good. I think I've been compliant up to this point except maybe with fruit.

I read somewhere in the Whole30 literature that you're only supposed to eat fruit 1 - 2 times a day. I have fruit with every meal - kind of as the closing of the meal. If I have a snack, which is rare, I usually have a piece of fruit with some kind of protein and maybe some veggies. Am I still Whole30 compliant??????

The other thing - I'm having an awful time navigating the Whole30 Forum. I'll reply to a post and then I go to see if there was an answer, and I can't find where I posted. I've looked for the thread and haven't been able to find it. Is there a way to find all the places I've commented? Does anyone have any suggestions about navigating the Forum or some helpful hints?? I'd really appreciate some answers to my questions.

Sharon

Sharon- Way to go on getting to Day 10! I know that the moderators recommend 1-2 pieces of fruit a day with a meal (not snack) as long as the fruit is not pushing veggies off your plate. It was hard for me to adjust to 1-2 pieces a day. I found that a banana with compliant almond butter with Meal 1 and then an apple or orange with Meal 3 works well for me. As i can start and end my day with a piece of yummy fruit. So technically yes I believe you are still compliant, but it may be good to cut out 1 of the pieces. I am sure the moderators will chime in.

I love that you are doing this with your daughter. I just bought the book for my mom after me and her were talking about great I am feeling on whole30. She cut grains for just 3 days and mentioned how great she felt so she was interesting in trying the entire whole30. Getting my dad on board is a whole different story! LOL

I struggled as well with navigating the forum. I found that if go up to your name (to the left of the search pane on the screen) then click on the down arrow to the right of your name that you can select the "My Content" option. I always right click and open it in a new tab. But here you can see all the posts you have made... The ones in black will be the ones that have a new response that you have no read. I find it helpful to use the forum this way so that I can see when a response has been posted.

You can also click the "follow this topic" option which has the ability to send you an email when a response is posted to the topic. However, this clogs up my email sometimes. So I just use the "My Content" option to manage what all I have posted on/ want to follow up on.

Have a great day! :)

BTW- It is good to see some other early risers on here today.... I thought I was the only one LOL

Sharon, did you see my response to your fruit question on the other thread? I'll paste it in below. One way I like to navigate the forum, is to go to the "my content" link. On the upper left there should be a tiny picture of you with your user name next to it. Click your cursor on the user name, and a menu will appear below. Mouse down to the "my content" link and click again. This will bring up all posts you have commented on. The ones with new content will be at the top.

I hope this helps!  :)

Gosh, after saying it is easy to find posts, I can't find that one myself! Here is the scoop: the rules allow fruit, so you can decide if you want to have some after every meal or have some as a snack and this would still be compliant with the rules. BUT, the recommendations suggest 1-2 fist-sized servings with meals (not as snacks) for best results. 

Further, on snacks:

- the need to snack in between meals can be an indication that your earlier meals need to be bigger. Play with your protein/veg/fat portion sizes until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours.

- if the meantime, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), the recommendation is to have a mini meal containing protein and fat (not fruit) 

I find that fruit makes me sleepy like sugar used to.  Is that just my imagination?  I try to limit my fruit to once a day.  On days I work out, I eat lunch with fruit an hour or two before my workout.  That seems to help fuel my muscles.

Also, is there a way to turn spell checker on?  I'm terrible at spelling and rely heavily on spell checkers :) I don't seem to have one here.

Also, is there a way to turn spell checker on?  I'm terrible at spelling and rely heavily on spell checkers :) I don't seem to have one here.

The forum does not have spell check. I find if I spell something wrong, my browser will let me know by underlining the word in red. If I right click on the word, it brings up a menu with some possible word choices at the top.  I use Chrome for my browser. 

The other thing - I'm having an awful time navigating the Whole30 Forum. I'll reply to a post and then I go to see if there was an answer, and I can't find where I posted. I've looked for the thread and haven't been able to find it. Is there a way to find all the places I've commented? Does anyone have any suggestions about navigating the Forum or some helpful hints?? I'd really appreciate some answers to my questions.

Sharon

On navigating the forum, I live under the View New Content button (upper right corner). When you click that, it refreshes to new posts on threads, so the latest threads commented on are at the top, in descending order. 

If you remember which sub-forum you posted in (e.g., this one was posted in Food, Drink and Condiments), you can click on that sub-forum title and view past threads that way also.

To bank on someone seeing your post to them, quote it (like I just did with your post here), by clicking the quote button on their post. That will send them a notification that someone quoted on their post.  Otherwise you have to rely on them coming back to review the thread and seeing that you commented on their post.

Archived