Mad at myself!!! Sunflower seeds

lbosmer

Ok, I am a pretty seasoned whole30-er. I am currently doing my third while pregnant (23 weeks) and today I found myself reading the ingredients of my sunflower seeds and discovered they contain cottonseed and or safflower and or sunflower oil. I only used these, maybe a small amount to sprinkle over my salad to give it some crunch. I did this like day 2-5 for lunch only. I would say maybe total between all 3 days I have had 1/4 cup. Not a lot. Do I have to Start over??:( Is today really my day 1? So mad because I have never done this before. I guess I just took it for granted.

Ok, I am a pretty seasoned whole30-er. I am currently doing my third while pregnant (23 weeks) and today I found myself reading the ingredients of my sunflower seeds and discovered they contain cottonseed and or safflower and or sunflower oil. I only used these, maybe a small amount to sprinkle over my salad to give it some crunch. I did this like day 2-5 for lunch only. I would say maybe total between all 3 days I have had 1/4 cup. Not a lot. Do I have to Start over?? :( Is today really my day 1? So mad because I have never done this before. I guess I just took it for granted.

No, while those ingredients are not recommended they are not against the rules and do not require a reset.

• Moderators

Sunflower and safflower oils are not encouraged, but allowed  -- here's the quote from the Can I Have list

Safflower/Sunflower Oil: Yesreluctantly (because sometimes, you have to dine out)

While we don't think vegetable oils are a healthy choice (understatement of the century), we don't expressly rule them out on the Whole30. If we did, you'd never be able to eat outside of your own kitchen, because all restaurants use them in cooking. We wanted to create the healthiest program possible, but we also need it to be do-able for those who travel for business or pleasure, or simply want to dine out during the month.

Tip: Eliminate the consumption of vegetable oils at home, even if you're not on the Whole30, and make sure the rest of your diet is focused on the most nutritious choices possible, especially if you dine out frequently.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.1iggDYfS.dpuf

And here's a link to a discussion about cottonseed oil: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/16444-can-i-have-cottonseed-oil/?hl=cottonseed  

So it looks like it's probably not a restart, but you may not want to use them going forward.

Archived