ThePhys2001 W30 Month 1, Days 1-12

Guest ThePhys2001

Welcome to the W30. 

Regarding your concerns about losing more weight this blog post might be helpful for you: http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/ I would definitely advice eating towards the upper end of the template.

I'm a little surprised to have you follow up a statement saying your willing to spend the money on the best quality ingredients with not willing to read labels and get better quality ingredients. I've found perfect fine organic lemon juice in glass bottles that isn't overly pricey and Tuna without soy is pretty readily available. Trader Joe's has it and I believe it is less then $2 a can if I remember correctly.

You may think these little nuances don't matter but what if they do? Are you willing to give the program it's full 30 days (a blip in your lifetime) at its full set of rules and see what happens? To me your statement reads a little similarly to someone who says "I want to run a marathon but I want to skip .25 mile of the course." 

At the end of the day you are free to do what you want but what you do may or may not be a Whole30.

• Moderators

A general note: We advise you to talk with your doctor before beginning a Whole30 because you may need to make dosage changes in your meds quickly. A doctor approved plan is the safest way to proceed. 

The FDA agrees with the opinion you have expressed, that trace amounts do not matter. However, 1000s of Whole30 participants have discovered that trace amounts of some things actually do matter in their bodies. You will never know in your case if you don't eliminate them entirely for 30 days. If you eat trace amounts, you will never know what results you might have achieved without them. It is only 30 days. We don't ask you to eliminate anything forever, just for 30 days so you can make a reasonable determination about whether they actually are having an effect on your body. 

Your tone does seem defiant to me. We are just trying to help you. You are a grown up and you may do a modified Whole30 if you want to do one. However this section of the forum is for people who are desiring to do a fully compliant Whole30 and want the kind of feedback that Tom and I have given you. If you want to continue to do a modified Whole30 with no feedback and log we can move your log to the Post Whole30 section where you won't get moderator feedback on your compliance to the rules/recommendations unless you ask for it.

Guest ThePhys2001

My apologies for not having known that my "personal log" would be a problem setting up my intentions as I have. I am always quite willful and intent in what I buy and eat. It is probably true, now that I know more about how this forum is set up, that all our times are better spent elsewhere than on this log, so I'm having the moderators terminate it, along with my membership.

Best premises to all of you in your endeavors here. No hard feelings. Stay your courses and enjoy your results!

I'll continue with my activities as planned, which will take about 120 days of the W30 food plan, before the results will be meaningful.

If successful, I'll be sure to give the appropriate credit at the Joslin Clinic here in Boston!

Bon chance,

ThePhys2001

Guest ThePhys2001

My apologies for not having known that my "personal log" would be a problem setting up my intentions as I have. I am always quite willful and intent in what I buy and eat. It is probably true, now that I know more about how this forum is set up, that all our times are better spent elsewhere than on this log, so I'm having the moderators terminate it, along with my membership.

Best premises to all of you in your endeavors here. No hard feelings. Stay your courses and enjoy your results!

I'll continue with my activities as planned, which will take about 120 days of the W30 food plan, before the results will be meaningful.

If successful, I'll be sure to give the appropriate credit at the Joslin Clinic here in Boston!

Bon chance,

ThePhys2001

"Don't help me or serve me, my brothers. Don't work for my happiness; Show me yours. Show me that it is possible. Show me your achievement, and that knowledge will give me the courage for mine." - Ayn Rand, _The Fountainhead_.

Archived