IgE Antibodies and H Pylori

Okay, so I just got my blood test results back which looked at common allergen; however, the things tested were all things that I eliminated 10-20 days prior to the test. Would eliminating the foods that were being tested have any impact on the test results? 

I seem to have slightly elevated wheat antibodies, though not over the threshold to be considered an allergy, and I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Also, I tested positive for h. pylori. I'm not really sure what the remedy is for h. pylori and how it's treated during pregnancy but I'm curious about any of your experiences with either the allergy testing or h. pylori. 

Thanks in advance! 

I want to follow this.  My SIL has tested positive for h pylori, but has delayed treatment because they gave her antibiotics that she can't have as a bf'ing mama.

I've found the scratch test to be pretty useless for food as the scratch test only looks for one type of reaction. I had 0 reactions with s scratch test, but a month later, a blood test revealed 10+ reactions, several of which were tested with the scratch test. You may have a different experience, but want to let you know the scratch test isn't complete.

I was in the hospital for severe gastritis and was treated for hpylori. I had intravenous antibiotics and followed up with a two week course of pills at home. After that I was supposed to go on acid reducers, but at that point, I had decided that the only thing that would get me healthy and keep me healthy and prevent this from happening again was to change my diet. I also take HCL and digestive enzymes. Hpylori will lower the acid production in your stomach because it doesn't like a very acidic environment. It took awhile, but I feel I've finally overcome most of my issues. Although if I slip up and start eating stuff I shouldn't, I can get reflux or gastritis again.

BTW, everyone has hpylori in them. In small amounts, it can be beneficial. But if it gets out of control, it can cause problems, including ulcers. If you are having symptoms of an ulcer or other stomach issues, I would look into getting it treated. If not, I would just eat clean and see if you can lessen the amount naturally.

Good info on h. pylori from Chris Kresser: http://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-heartburn-and-gerd-forever-in-three-simple-steps

Dr. Wright, author of Why Stomach Acid is Good For You, suggests using mastic (a resin from a Mediterranean and Middle Eastern variety of pistachio tree) to treat H. pylori. A 1998 in vitro study in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that mastic killed several strains of H. pylori, including some that were resistant to conventional antibiotics. Studies since then, including in vivo experiments, have shown mixed results. Mastic may be a good first-line therapy for H. pylori, with antibiotics as a second choice if the mastic treatment isn't successful.

Archived