1st Whole30 - Can't wait to feel AMAZING

lchang67

Day 1 of Whole30 went well! (I think...)

Background... have been dairy-free (90%) for over 20 years. In recent years have had stomach/digestive issues. 4 months ago decided to cut out wheat, soy, and gluten (oh and also caffeine and alcohol). Within the first week all stomach problems disappeared. No more over-the-counter meds!! Also have been sleeping better than ever (before I was waking up almost every night and not being able to fall back asleep). However, am still battling with eczema (4th year now, mostly in winter months). Am hoping the Whole30 plan will help get rid of the eczema and improve my overall health (have also had joint issues). Have been cooking paleo meals for the past 4 months. Hoping it will be relatively easy to cut out grains and beans (and sugar).

Meal 1:

• 2 eggs, scrambled w/ghee and red bell peppers and turkey (realized afterwards there was carrageenan in it - argh!)
  • 1 c. fresh strawberries & blackberries
  • herbal tea
  • Almond milk: filtered water, almonds, vanilla extract (is that ok?), a few dates, sea salt

Meal 2:

• leftover paleo pork w/roasted brussel sprouts (cooked w/olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt) - added a tsp of ghee
  • banana
  • greens juice: kale, spinach, lemongrass, ginger, celery

Meal 3:

• Dinner out with friends - but I was good! Cobb salad with chicken, bacon, eggs - no cheese and no dressing. Used olive oil and balsamic vinegar instead.
  • Almond milk when I got home (same recipe as above)

Not sure if I ate enough or too much of anything? Drank lots of water throughout the day, as always. Never been a soda person and now am skipping the juice.

Feeling good I made it through Day 1!

Way to go!

Extracts most often contain alcohol, and that is not considered compliant. It is discussed in the "Can I have..."- thread, I believe. You can use vanilla bean instead, just add a whole bean to the blender. Or use the powdered, already ground up vanilla beans you can buy in small glass jars.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

• Moderators

Jennor is right about vanilla extract. I've never seen any that did not include alcohol as an ingredient (which makes it not okay).

The carrageenan in your turkey hit the reset button on your Whole30. The healing of your gut is critically important to a Whole30 and carrageenan is a major irritant. 

Archived