Sweet Snacks?

Does anyone have good ideas for sweet snacks/4th meal?? I read about the pumpkin/sweet potato puree with coconut milk... could I do almond butter/banana/coconut and still be compliant?

Also, wondering if the moderator could chime in on this... I just want to make sure that I am ok eating a "sweet" snack/meal? My demon was definitely sugar, so I am wondering if this is ok, or if I need to cut anything sweet out completely (I might go insane)? Or is it better to have it WITH a meal (i.e. a banana/coconut milk/almond butter shake with breakfast)?

I am breastfeeding, so I know I need the calories, but I also want to make the most of this 30 days and want to get rid of this sweet tooth... just hoping I can do it along with having some naturally sweet items as well!

ok - just came up with "sweet" bfast... has anyone tried this?

2 eggs, 1/2 c pumpkin puree, 1/4 c coconut milk, couple generous shakes pumpkin pie spice... microwaved for 2 min... was like a pumpkin souffle! then drizzled a little sunbutter and sprinkled coconut...

You want to stay away from sweet treats on a Whole30, especially if it's feeding a sugar dragon, and your goals include getting rid of a sweet tooth.  Whole30 doesn't want you to shoehorn compliant ingredients into treats.  

Whole fruit as part of your main meals - fine.

A fourth meal that meets the template of protein/veg/fat  - fine, if you're hungry (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli).

Smoothies/shakes are discouraged on a Whole30. The idea is to chew your food vs drink it, as chewing is more satiating.

Does anyone have good ideas for sweet snacks/4th meal?? I read about the pumpkin/sweet potato puree with coconut milk... could I do almond butter/banana/coconut and still be compliant?

Also, wondering if the moderator could chime in on this... I just want to make sure that I am ok eating a "sweet" snack/meal? 

I'm going to go a step further than Chris here: I would consider a pudding like this to be SWYPO and not permitted during the whole30. Give yourself permission to have a real fourth meal. Include protein and fat and vegetables and stop the pattern of having a sweet treat in the evening.

ok - thank you! I read someone else in this forum recommend eating pumpkin puree with coconut milk as a snack for bfeeding moms, so assumed it was ok to throw a couple eggs in there with it and call it bfast!

Will try and still to the eggs and just have a little fruit/nuts or nutbutter on the side with meals...

Thanks!

Archived