Day 28 and still no tiger blood

janeB74

Hi, my husband and I are on day 28 and we still haven't got tiger blood. I'm still struggling with breakfast as I can't get my head (or stomach) around it being just another meal - but here's what I've been eating for the last few days - breakfast - whipped sweet potato with a sprinkle of walnuts on the top and canned coconut milk mixed in, as well as spices and either one or two eggs fried in coconut oil. Lunch is tinned tuna in olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, half an avo, balsamic vinegar. Dinner steak with leeks, mushrooms and a bit of sweet potato or last night was organic mince with spices, spinach, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion. I'm drinking heaps of water too! I've also had cramps so cut down on raw veggies and have been taking digestive enzymes. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jane

runninglawyer88 presents some good questions.

I see some opportunities to eat more food:
- When eggs are your protein source, the number of eggs in a serving is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand. For most people, that's at least 2 or 3.

- Have the whole avocado instead of half an avocado at lunch.

- Be sure you're getting an appropriate amount of compliant fat at all three meals (unsure what your dinner fats have been)

- I would have veggies on the higher end of the meal template: at least 2-3 cups per meal.

• Moderators

The protein portions you are describing sound too small and maybe the veggies too. Take another look at the meal planning template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

And not everybody gets tiger blood. The only change in my energy levels that I experienced adopting Whole30-style eating was that I did not have lulls during the day. I used to get sleepy after meals, but after adopting meat and veggies without grains, I tended to have even levels of energy. But not what I would call tiger blood.

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback. I'm not under as much stress as usual (whole 30 has made me remarkably calm!) but have been waking up in the middle of the night (usually 3am), I'm not exercising, but have joined the gym and start next week.

We had an age test done at the start of this and I was 54 (I'm actually 39) and are getting another one tomorrow - I wanted to see what just the food component would do and are continuing on for another 30 with exercise.

I've realised from your comments that there's a definite lack of fat in my diet, and I'm really struggling with my first meal of the day, I just can't eat enough because I feel sick!!

Thanks again for your feedback. xx

Archived