Beef Marinades... Looking for some awesome beef Marinades

tj2650

Ok, today I was going to make marinated steaks for supper, with some veggies on the side.

The recipe I picked was "paleo", but when I finally got a chance to read it I noticed it had SOY...

I do NOT have coconut aminos.

And really, I feel that this is kinda like making bread/cookies.cakes from nut flours.. You are just replacing something that is standard made with Wheat and Soy with something as closely similar as possible made from something more compliant.. I think that is how it is explained.

So what I am wondering is what kinda of marinade recipes out there DO NOT contain, Worchestire, Soy Sauce, etc.

Link away.. As I will probably be wanting to try them all.. :)

Thanks for these suggestions. Some I cannot try until after my Whole30 as they have honey in them others have the coconut aminos but I did manage to pull something together so we shall see how it turns out.

My recipe had:

Garam masala

Fresh garlic

Olive oil

Raspberry balsamic vinegar (not flavored, I checked label, just made with raspberries as well as grapes)

Apple cider vinegar

Lemon juice

Salt

Pepper

Hope it tastes good.

And really, I feel that this is kinda like making bread/cookies.cakes from nut flours.. You are just replacing something that is standard made with Wheat and Soy with something as closely similar as possible made from something more compliant.. I think that is how it is explained.

For what it's worth I don't really see making bread/cookies/cakes from nut flours as the same thing as using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce because the reason we ask you not to do the former has more to do with psychological response to those foods than the foods themselves although excess nut flours can also throw your omega 6/3 ratios way off and cause digestion issues to many. Coconut aminos though is just another condiment to use that happens to taste similar to soy sauce. Now if you have a particular psychological response to soy sauce that you need to break that would be a different story.

Archived