Awful bloating still at day 21

Mommyto5peeps

Hi. I need a bit of reassurance. I am feeling frustrated and a bit down. I am on day 21 of my second Whole 30 (which I did last spring) and have had consistent bloating this time that is not subsiding. Prior to this Whole 30, I was eating a lot of sugar (candy and sweets) and gluten (of which I have an intolerance) so I am wondering if my body is taking longer to respond? I started out extremely constipated and now go between that and quick trips to the rest room. I have tried to eat cooked veggies verses raw and nothing seems to help. I am also taking enzymes with each meal. My pants are very tight and after I eat I tend to feel uncomfortable. My energy is wonderful as are my sleeping habits. I have no cravings and do not over eat nuts or fruit. I also have not had a lot of coconut milk but do use coconut oil to cook everything. I think I remember reading that for some people a Whole 30 isn't long enough for the body to adjust, maybe this is the case for me this time?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Have you examined FODMAPs and cruciferous veggies as possible culprits?

Are you getting live foods like kombucha and like sauerkraut?

Do your enzymes have sulfites?  Also, are you eating foods like balsamic vinegar that may have sulfites in excess of what your body can tolerate?

Are you take a magnesium supplement?

What about your other fats?  Could you be sensitive to avocado or animal fats?

These are only a few of the things that others suggested for me last year.  Turned out, not staying seated after a meal has been the most helpful thing I can do.

I also find a little relief from tea with a combo of ginger, mint, and lemongrass.  The ginger seems to be the trick.  I use fresh ginger.  Some people experiment with including or excluding fizzy drinks.

If big meals make it worse, you can have more mini-meals, just use the template.

You could be having difficulty digesting something in particular, or having some general digestion problems.

If it is stomach acid related, some people find not drinking (or drinking less) at meal times helps, as it doesn't dilute the acid.

FODMAP and even AIP review might be helpful. Even without doing a low FODMAP or AIP, you can review your food log and see if you have any particular things that seem more troublesome. As well as the common things, some people have more unusual allergies or intolerances, such as latex or only able to eat soaked/activated nuts.

I'm gluten intolerant (may be Celiac, can't complete the test) and quite a few months on, I still think I'm improving without gluten :)

I was put on the FODMAP diet to see if it would help with gastro issues prior to this Whole 30. Even with that elimination I still had some issues. I do try to avoid large amounts of avocado and apples as they both seemed to be possible triggers.

I am taking the NOW brand super enzyme that was recommended in the book. I did just see that it includes sulfites? I also have another supplement that I can use for digestion if that would be better.

I did try to walk around a bit so I'm hoping that helps. And I will also try to limit my water at meal time.

I did not use a lot of coconut prior to this, so I will also keep that in mind. Is there another oil that I can sauté veggies in? Would olive oil be appropriate?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

I was put on the FODMAP diet to see if it would help with gastro issues prior to this Whole 30. Even with that elimination I still had some issues. I do try to avoid large amounts of avocado and apples as they both seemed to be possible triggers.

I am taking the NOW brand super enzyme that was recommended in the book. I did just see that it includes sulfites? I also have another supplement that I can use for digestion if that would be better.

I did try to walk around a bit so I'm hoping that helps. And I will also try to limit my water at meal time.

I did not use a lot of coconut prior to this, so I will also keep that in mind. Is there another oil that I can sauté veggies in? Would olive oil be appropriate?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Yes, use the other supplement for digestion.  NOW recently changed the super enzyme ingredients and added sulfites to this product, making it non-compliant.

You can use olive oil, but there are better choices for cooking at high heat: including ghee, clarified butter, tallow, lard and duck fat.

Archived